"I Wish You Knew" a FuzzFace original

Started by FuzzFace, December 07, 2010, 08:47:35 PM

Bluesberry

You are definately on the right track here Fuzz.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Love the open sound and the bass is really effective, but what makes this track great is the lyrics and you delivery of them, excellent loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Kenneth

I like the lyrics especially.

The music is cool too.

Very interesting song, nice work.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

hardlock

Very inspired piece!  I'm with Bluesberry on this one.  Very unique song as is with its driving yet spacious goove.  A hard middle part (hard candy center?) would compliment and contrast it immensely.  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman

Great stuff, the lyrics are excellent - anyone that can carry off the word "postulations" in a set of lyrics deserves some kind of prize, and you get it! Like the others, I like the stripped down approach, the bass and lyrics work well together. IMO it could do with just a bit of dynamics, perhaps gradually add in some simple distorted guitar playing some of the root notes toward the end to create a crescendo. I also felt it needed an ending - perhaps just repeating "but when you're through, I will still be here too" a couple of times might work, that's a great closing lyric.

Anyway, it's really inventive as is and I ejoyed it a lot. You have a very unique style and approach.

cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Very interesting arrangement, and cool lyrics!  I like your bass playing & performance, your voice reminds me a bit of Zappa, and someone else i just can't put my finger.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Nelson

I just love the sentiment in the lyrics and the straight forward, no frills delivery.

The minimalistic musical arrangement is right up on point.
Though I do agree that a little contrast in the middle would go long way to really flushing this song out.
The romantic in me would hope that this is a true story and that the other party would get it and come to their senses.
Anyway in the last line of the song, I'm not sure if you meant that like their other friends around the world, you'll be waiting when they're through... and that's why you used the word too at the end.
If not and you just used it to rhyme with the word through... then I would try...

You are always on the move
but when you're through
I will still be here for you.

Just a thought.
You really have good one here...as is.

I wish you knew what would quench your thirst and make you happy because that is what I need too.

Just brilliant writing...

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

FuzzFace

Quote from: Nelson on December 14, 2010, 10:37:00 AMI just love the sentiment in the lyrics and the straight forward, no frills delivery.

The minimalistic musical arrangement is right up on point.
Though I do agree that a little contrast in the middle would go long way to really flushing this song out.
The romantic in me would hope that this is a true story and that the other party would get it and come to their senses.
Anyway in the last line of the song, I'm not sure if you meant that like their other friends around the world, you'll be waiting when they're through... and that's why you used the word too at the end.
If not and you just used it to rhyme with the word through... then I would try...

You are always on the move
but when you're through
I will still be here for you.

Just a thought.
You really have good one here...as is.

I wish you knew what would quench your thirst and make you happy because that is what I need too.

Just brilliant writing...

Wow this is cool to get commentary like this on the words.

I actually intentionally left it ambiguous as to what the nature of their relationship is.

What I actually meant by ending "I will still be here" with "too"... is simply being matter of fact, he is observing that once this other party is done doing all this stuff, she'll be back where she started, where he was all along... thus questioning where it is getting her.  The possibility of romance is there, but not inherent.  I did not want to lock the meaning in.

He is not so much on a quest to win her, as he is to figure out what would make him happy.  It is heavily suggested that perhaps it is something they could solve together, but he is not necessarily even thinking that himself.

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SwanSong

VERY captivating. good lyrics and vox. great to see
u writing more ..thumbs up and bump ejoyed the listen
best regards NEIL