"I Wish You Knew" a FuzzFace original

Started by FuzzFace, December 07, 2010, 08:47:35 PM

FuzzFace

I Wish You Knew
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi Folks, thanks for all the encouraging words and inspiration.
Just started writing some new originals.
Enjoy!

"I Wish You Knew"

You've flown everywhere from Abu Dhabi to Zimbabwe
Read every book and seen every foreign movie
But what will quench your thirst?
I wish you knew
because that is what I need too.

You hold multiple degrees
from a couple of fancy universities
You have friends from practically every country
But what is it that will make you happy?
I wish you knew
because that is what I need too.

You have dined at the top of Cloud City
sampled wine and many a delicacy
Your life is a meeting of minds
philosophies and postulations all kinds
You are always on the move
but when you're through
I will still be here too.

Redler

I like the lyrics and that bass guitar riff is very 'effective'. Yes, less is more, this minimalistic style works well on this!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Thanks man. 

I was thinking about what else to add to this, as this was intended to be the skeleton, however once I finished it I couldn't think of anything else to do with it.

Bluesberry

First off, fantastic lyrics.  Sparse works well.  If it were me I would bring more dynamics into this by varying the sections into soft (the way you are doing it now), hard, soft. Something like that.  And on the hard middle section I would bring in more drums and electric guitar (power chords), and sing it real hard in the middle section.  Maybe even put in bass solo for the hell of it after the hard middle section (with the power chords still crashing) before settling back down for the final section soft like it is here.  Thats what I hear and would have done here.  Or you can totally ignore what I just said, it sounds good as it is too.  Thats what I hear here. I think a little dynamic variation would lift this up from very good into a huge song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 08, 2010, 09:41:03 AMFirst off, fantastic lyrics.  Sparse works well.  If it were me I would bring more dynamics into this by varying the sections into soft (the way you are doing it now), hard, soft. Something like that.  And on the hard middle section I would bring in more drums and electric guitar (power chords), and sing it real hard in the middle section.  Maybe even put in bass solo for the hell of it after the hard middle section (with the power chords still crashing) before settling back down for the final section soft like it is here.  Thats what I hear and would have done here.  Or you can totally ignore what I just said, it sounds good as it is too.  Thats what I hear here. I think a little dynamic variation would lift this up from very good into a huge song.

Hmm... this is giving me ideas.

henwrench

Hey, hey, I like this a lot. Reminds me a bit of Laurie Anderson, which is, of course, a Good Thing.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Very cool track!

Love the delivery!

A little becomes alot in this !!

Superb
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

yes i do believe that this is a good one
and i feel that the performance works well
I like the approach you have chosen to work with
Lonely and sparse, this sound is all yours.

ODH

I've heard some of the covers you posted lately and have enjoyed them (and have some of them on my iPod, which not many make it onto).  Great to hear an original and good that it's right up there with the rest of your work.  It's reminiscent of early 80's post-punk, which is right at the heart of where I come from musically.

I think I'm a fan...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

FuzzFace

Quote from: Nick / odh on December 09, 2010, 07:15:17 AMI've heard some of the covers you posted lately and have enjoyed them (and have some of them on my iPod, which not many make it onto).  Great to hear an original and good that it's right up there with the rest of your work.  It's reminiscent of early 80's post-punk, which is right at the heart of where I come from musically.

I think I'm a fan...

Wow!  What an honour!  Thank-you!