Fender Mustang Amp

Started by Jim1970, December 06, 2010, 07:04:22 AM

peterp

Been really checking them out :)

You do need either windows or mac to run FUSE, bit of an issue for the Linux crowd.
FUSE is done in something called silverlight, an MS product I believe.

Maybe after Boxing day drop in to the shops and see if they are discounted to an even better price!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Bluesberry

Quote from: peterp on December 24, 2010, 08:50:17 AMBeen really checking them out :)
I'll give you my impressions, maybe even record something with it Tomorrow or the next day Peter

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: peterp on December 24, 2010, 08:50:17 AMYou do need either windows or mac to run FUSE, bit of an issue for the Linux crowd.

I wonder if FUSE will run under Wine? If you want to give it a try, you can download FUSE here:

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/support/articles/fender-fuse-software-application-download

QuoteFUSE is done in something called silverlight, an MS product I believe.

Mono includes an open source implementation of Silverlight, called Moonlight. And Wine can use the Windows version of Mono to run .NET applications:

http://wiki.winehq.org/Mono

So I'm guessing that it might be possible to run FUSE in Linux using Wine.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

peterp

This is actually being discussed on the Fender Mustang and FUSE forums.
It doesn't work to well under wine or O/S virtualizers like vb but people are trying and someone has a project underway to try to write a python based implementation.

Here's a thread I started asking about the mustang amps and FUSE
http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48103

Apparently moonlight is not yet up to the task of running this full blown silverlight program.

My other plot of getting a cheap netbook preloaded with windows is also a no-go as the screen is to small and the program can not handle it. Sounds a bit like a case of bad programming on the  interface :)
Supposed to be a scrollbar fix coming in the next release.

Anyway maybe there will be discounts to be found next week, and I have a 40$ store credit at one of the shops :)
That should make an already inexpensive amp really cheap!
Almost to hard to not obtain one.  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Bluesberry

Quote from: peterp on December 24, 2010, 03:39:13 PMAnyway maybe there will be discounts to be found next week, and I have a 40$ store credit at one of the shops :)
That should make an already inexpensive amp really cheap!
Almost to hard to not obtain one.  ;D
And even if you can't get Fuse up and running right away, still a great amp, very easy to tweak right on the knobs, and save the sounds you find.  I played one at the shop and the 57 Delux, 65 twin and British 60's (Vox), sounded really good just as they were, no need for Fuse to get these to sound perfect to my ears.  That in itself made the amp worth it to me, the Twin sounds so good, I was shocked how good it was with a strat, just the preset with the amp, no tweaking.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

OMG people, this thing sounds incredible.  I love it...Don't wory about getting into Fuse right away Peter, I think it sounds deadly just as the amp alone.  I am obviously not as fussy as the dudes on the forums because I think the sounds in the amp, with a little tweaking right on the amp sound deadly.  I played every preset, slight tweeks (it is so easy to tweak on the fly and then save it...dead easy, all knobs...no LED screens in site).  I am loving the 57 Tweed and 65 Twin so much it hurts.  My strat literally never sounded better...no kidding.  I am not going to worry about Fuse software for a while, I just want to play it as it is for a while.  Go to a setting, turn off effects, tweak bass/treble/vol/gain to taste add in effects to taste...30 seconds to a beautiful sound.  It is like how you do it with a real amp, not like a modeling amp, I like that.  This thing is the bomb.  Mustang II, 40W, thats the one I got, but the 20W one is pretty much the same with just about the same sound.  The only reason I got the 40W one is because there were none of the 20W left.  The 20W would have been perfect for my needs, the 40W is really nice too though and I am glad I got it all the same.  Either one is good.  Rumour has it these are such a huge hit that Fender has a III, IV, V coming soon if not already out (100W, 150W, 150W head).   What an amp. Fender has a real winner here folks.  I will try to get something recorded soon, maybe not today.  

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

hmmmm..
you're giving me GAS-and to the think I recieved a GC gift card as a gift this year
damn youu BB

I think the Mustang II is the way to go

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: guitarron on December 26, 2010, 07:32:31 AMhmmmm..
you're giving me GAS-and to the think I recieved a GC gift card as a gift this year
damn youu BB
Hahahahaha...just go play one, you'll see.  I like the 40W one but the 20W sounds pretty much as good in the shop.  I was playing last night, master vol on 2 and man it was moving the air, that 12 inch speaker is great on the II.  So easy to tweak your sound, I havent plugged in and played for 3 hours straight like that in a while.  I tried all my guitars and they all sounded great, strat, Tele, Les Paul, Epi Sheraton...all sounded fantastic out of this marvelous amp.  The Les Paul on the 57 Tweed with some gain and just slight 65 spring reverb...holy man thats some sweet...I could have played that setting all night.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 26, 2010, 07:41:35 AM
Quote from: guitarron on December 26, 2010, 07:32:31 AMhmmmm..
damn youu BB
Hahahahaha...just go play one, you'll see.  I like the 40W one but the 20W sounds pretty much as good in the shop.  I was playing last night, master vol on 2 and man it was moving the air, that 12 inch speaker is great on the II.  So easy to tweak your sound, I havent plugged in and played for 3 hours straight like that in a while.  I tried all my guitars and they all sounded great, strat, Tele, Les Paul, Epi Sheraton...all sounded fantastic out of this marvelous amp.  The Les Paul on the 57 Tweed with some gain and just slight 65 spring reverb...holy man thats some sweet...I could have played that setting all night.
i like the idea of the 12" speaker over the 8"-the 40 watts would work well in a small club-direct to a PA-no mics-it's very sweet

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

I posted a song using this amp for all the guitar parts, headphones/line out to line in on my microBR, very little effects to get a feel for how the basic amp models recorded...https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=9774.0

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand