Steampunk project

Started by StevieM, December 04, 2010, 12:39:21 PM

StevieM

Hiya guys,
Hope you don't mind, but I want to show you this, and ask a big favour.
This is my latest creation, a Steampunk special.
Here's the spec:-

From the workshop of StevieM Customs.

Starting at the pointy end.

It's an Italia Maple neck, covered in real copper foil, then lacquered.
Rosewood Fretboard.
Machine heads are Italia, with most of the chrome buffed off, and polished.
Hand made Stainless steel Nut.
Fret side markers are small brass machine screws.
The hand made body is Maple, covered with thin steel, and brass rivets, then a few coats of lacquer.
All the pickup plates/control plate/jack socket plate/light and battery covers/rear string retainer block/headstock plates are hand made in Brass.
The Bridge is hand made from steel, with hand made Brass saddles.
Strap buttons are Stainless Steel nuts and bolts.
Rear Neck plate is hand made from Stainless steel
Control knobs are Stainless Steel Dome nuts.
Pickups are fully wax potted Alnico Humbuckers, with 2 Volume pots, 2 Tone pots and a 3 way Les Paul type switch.
The lights are a string of 12 LED's, powered by 3 watch batteries.
Weight is about 4.5kg ( 10.75lbs)
Sorry, the steam gauge doesn't actually work, I'm working on a way for that for the next one ;).

It's on You Tube, and going on E Bay Sunday 5th Dec.

I've got more pics if anyone's interested in seeing 'em.

The vid is a couple of stills 1st, then me playing a bit of mediocre blues lead over a backer, the next 2 clips are a mate of mine and his sister.

The BIG BIG favour is, if you love it/hate it/something in between, can you pass the YT link around to anywhere else you can---Forums, Facebook, whatever, I'd really like to get as much exposure on it as poss before the E Bay listing finishes.

A Big Huge THANKS.
Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff_S0HyD3rQ

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

cuthbert

Badass! Looks lots heavier than 4.5 kg.  :o
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

I think it looks incredible, sure does.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

You Know you must be at the top of the mountain when you can play the things as well as make them!

That is AWESOME!

The LED section really makes it look out of this world!

And the performances are Stellar!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

StevieM

Cheers guys.
Just keeping fingers crossed now it's on E Bay!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

SE

Excellent guitar playing and two very different styles, love the KT Tunstall tune excellent, your guitar it to cool to, love that axe.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Looks and sounds great, but I wish  that gauge worked - it would look great if it "went to 11" when you were playing :-)

Fabulous work.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ur2qt2b4got10

Nice work,

You make me envious.  I want to learn to make guitars too!

I posted the pic and video on my facebook & twitter for all to see.  Response was good!

Hope you sell it well :)
Where does one go to get a clue?  Is there a Clue Depot somewhere?

recorder
Boss Micro BR
On the prowl for:
recorder
Boss BR-800

StevieM

Thanks again guys.

Hoping to be able to get a gauge ( or 2) working on the next one Nigel---------(That's if there IS a next one along these lines, depends if this one goes ok), got few ideas how to do it now. It might even go up to 12!!!!!!  :D

Cheers for posting it round ur2.What's your FB link? I'll put a friend request in.Here's mine, I think it should take you there.  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1250169116  That goes for anyone else too, if you want.
If you've got even pretty basic woodwork skills you can do it :) There's quite a few good books out there, shit loads on the web, and I'll always be more than willing to give a hand. Give me a shout if you like.
I'm still trying to find the time to do a little diy set-up thing to post, might get a chance in the new year.
Cheers.