How to share your own Effect Patches using Micro BR Patch Documenter program

Started by Pedro, January 17, 2008, 12:46:42 PM

Pedro

Hello there people,

This section is dedicated to sharing of custom patches created on Boss Micro BR.
To share your own patches follow this procedure:

• Download and install 64 Guitar's Micro BR Patch Documenter
  • Create and edit your patch on Micro BR and save it as a song patch. You do this by pressing WRT and then choosing S01, S02, etc... This will not overwrite any of the presets.
  • Open the Micro BR Documenter program, and select the song where you've created and edited your effect patch. Open the EFFECTS3.BR1 file on that folder.
  • Select your custom patch and then press copy
  • Create a new topic with an informative title, like [Clean Jimi Hendrix Guitar Sound]
  • Paste the text in the post and attach a small audio sample of the sound.

Have fun!  :D

97teledlx

It amazes me that that no matter how many times I read the manual, I still pick something up that I missed.  I did not realize that ALL "song" patches are stored with your song, even though/if they are not used to create your sound.  Am I correct on this or should I re-read the manual?  Seems like alot of memory card space is wasted on info that will never be accessed.

64Guitars

There are two patch banks available for your custom patches. The user bank is in the BR's internal memory. You can store up to 120 patches in the user bank (80 GTR, 20 MIC, 10 LIN and 10 EXT). The song bank is stored in the song folder on the Micro BR's removable memory card. You can save up to 120 patches (80 GTR, 20 MIC, 10 LIN and 10 EXT) in the song bank for each song. Patches from the user bank can be accessed by any song. Patches in the song bank can be accessed only by the song they're associated with. However, you can copy patches from the song bank to the user bank and vice-versa.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: 97teledlx on January 24, 2008, 09:23:04 AMSeems like alot of memory card space is wasted on info that will never be accessed.

The effects file is only 35KB which is very small. So, even though it stores all 120 song patches whether they're used or not, I wouldn't say that "alot of memory card space is wasted". It's only .0035 percent of a 1GB memory card.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

97teledlx

Thanks for the quick explanation. Very Clear and Concise.  I would think that the users, myself included, are trying to learn too much too soon. Anyway, considering the total card space and the space required for the song patches, I would agree with you that it is quite negligible.  I also appreciate the reinforcement of the ins and outs concerning the ability, or lack of it, for coping and accessing the patches.  By the time I have the Micro BR figured out, I will probably use another upgraded device!! LOL  Regards and best wishes, 97teledlx

tackium

I think there's a small bug in the Patch Documenter Program. Sometimes it skips the "middle" eq setting in the amp emulation.

tackium

Example

Patch: GT08:VO Comp

Song: SONG0000
Folder: SONG0000.BR0
Algorithm: COSM GTR AMP

Preamp: VO DRV
  Volume: 40
  Bass: 36
  Treble: 19
  Presence: 0
  Master: 85

Speaker Sim: TWIN
  Mic Set: 10 cm
  Mic Level: 100
  Dir Level: 0

Noise Suppressor: On
  Threshold: 40
  Release: 40

FX: Off

Delay: Off

64Guitars

Quote from: tackium on July 29, 2008, 08:13:23 AMI think there's a small bug in the Patch Documenter Program. Sometimes it skips the "middle" eq setting in the amp emulation.

That's not a bug, it's intentional as not all of the preamps have a middle control. If you take a look at the preamp parameters on page 71 of the Micro BR manual (3rd edition), it says under Middle:

* If you have selected "MATCH" or "VO DRV" as the
  type, the middle control will have no effect.

This makes sense since MATCH models the Matchless DC-30 which has no Middle control:

(click to enlarge)

And VO DRV models the Vox AC30TB which also lacks a Middle control:

(click to enlarge)

So, the Patch Documenter intentionally skips the Middle setting whenever the selected patch uses the "MATCH" or "VO DRV" preamp type. For all other preamp types, the Middle parameter will be shown.

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know someone's using the program.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tackium

Well that's very impressive then, considering the Roland guys were unable to do this skip in the internal software. (Even if it has no effect, the BR does show a value in the VO and Match "middle" setting in the Micro BR.)

Hats off!

Br micro
   I am having problems downloading guitar patches , I have had this br micro a couple of weeks , im over the moon with it. I have tried to download 64 guitars br micro documenter , no joy!
 CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE HELP ME
                                                                  GARY FRANCE