The Fire of God (In her Loins)

Started by Scorpios, December 01, 2010, 06:28:45 PM

Scorpios

The Fire of God (Inside Her Loins) 128 kbps
Time:
0:00
Volume:
New track I recorded mostly on All Hallows Eve this year added the vocals recently and still have some work to do at the last verse, seems to be a bit to loud on the vox.

I won't post the lyrics here, and hope no one takes too much offense, they were inspired by some movies like Quills and the Last Temptations of Christ.

Back the music, I would like to hear some feedback on this of course. I was pleased with the bass sound, and that's my thing.

holdempok

yes the bass is kick ass. sounds early 80's which i dig the most. even Ozzy ish musicly. It could use a bit of hard hard fast fast thrash in a bridge. then back and forth. end slow is fine.
Why don't we do it on the road?

tom r

Had to listen to this when i read the title :-)
bit of an Alice Cooper Vibe?? to start then it went all Black Sabbath which is fine by me.....
This is great. Love the drums and then the change in tempo going into the lead break. superb

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

ODH

Wasn't offended in the slightest.  I really enjoyed it.  Trying to think what it reminds me of, maybe Wizard era Sabbath?  Maybe Scandinavian metal.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

AndyR

I had to listen to this when I saw the title :D

Then I read your intro and I was expecting it to pass me by as a bit too "modern" rock for my taste...

Not one bit!! From the moment it starts it's right up my alley.

Bass is great, but I love the guitars as well. And the drums - sounds like real drums, is it? Do you do all the instruments?  :o

And the jaws harp at the end... perfectly in time and it just put a big smile on my face - for some reason I've got an urge to go and watch a Clint Eastwood film now...  :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Scorpios

Thanks for the comments, yeah they are real drums, I do all the instruments.
I have been using the T-racks plug in on almost everything since I got it and am really pleased with the results I have been getting with it for drums and bass, still have yet to give it a full test run for mastering, but I have read great reviews for that.

Saijinn Maas

Definitely an Alice Cooper vibe going on here! This is great! The vox could have been up front a bit more. Hard to hear in some spots. But this is fan-frickin-tastic!

F*****n Awesome. I love everything about this. Its right up my street. Old school metal. Vox, playing, everything is perfect & What a riff !!!!!!!!! In my humble opinion, after the quieter part at the end, Build back up to a lead playing over the verse & end on another verse/ chorus. This, my friend is the best I've heard. Monstrous riff. Du bis metal god !

Ferryman

Excellent stuff, certainly shades of Alice Cooper and Sabbath. Very well put together, great riffage and a well constructed song. Love the drums, the effects on the vocals  and the change at 2:39, that Jew's Harp sound is very clever. Bass sound and playing is excellent, I really enjoyed that.

The only minor thing I would suggest is to try a bit less mid frequencies on your rhythm guitars, I felt they competed with the bass a bit in the lower frequencies and lost some of the impact of that great bass playing and sound. They probably sound great on their own but I think it was AndyR that recommended keeping guitars quite toppy so that they don't conflict with other instruments like bass in the mix. But that's only a minor thing, overall this is a superb piece of work all round, very well done indeed. Lyrics are indeed a bit dark, probably a good thing I can't hear them all.......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

A really well constucted piece of music and the Harmonica/Jaws harp (not sure) at the end is inspirational. This is not a genre I know anything about so I can't offer anything constructive, only that I enjoyed it and look for all your new postings..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800