Boss Super Octave OC3

Started by FuzzFace, November 30, 2010, 03:25:31 PM

FuzzFace

Long story short... I have this pedal and am wondering what to do with it.

Does anyone here have any experience with it?

I originally got it because I thought it would save me from getting a bass, but now I have a bass and am wondering if I should keep it around for anything. 

Am thinking if I had a drummer I could use it on my guitar while jamming.

But does it do more than simply add the root bass note to what I am playing?

Geir

I don't have an OC3, but I have a Digitech whammy and the BR800 has pitch-shifting which I set to octave down from time to time for lead guitar. Last I used it was on the lead on last song I posted "I'm not a rock" (yeah it's another bumb-bait ::) )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I bring the pedal with me on trips along with a guitar and the Micro-BR. Covers a lot of bases (no pun intended) in a small footprint. 

The tune located here has the pedal on during the solo.

Blooby

Bluesberry

So what happens if you play other instruments through it?, like and acoustic, or even a E-piano or synth, cool sounds? or crap?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 30, 2010, 05:47:41 PMSo what happens if you play other instruments through it?, like and acoustic, or even a E-piano or synth, cool sounds? or crap?

I have only played acoustic through it for bass tones (rolling off the original signal all the way), and it worked great sonically.  You must play cleanly, though.  Haven't gone crazy with experimentation with it.

Blooby