What is your day job?

Started by FuzzFace, November 30, 2010, 08:50:53 AM

little_chick

Stay-at-home mom. 

I used to be a medical technologist in a hospital lab, doing blood and body fluid testing and blood banking.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

I'm an apprenticed Toolmaker by trade , but i've also been a stainless steel welder , a coach driver , groundsman and for the last twenty years i've been a decorator / special effects , and now structural repair / decorator come builder
Glad i got that off my chest ( there were a few things i did'nt mention )

Rob

PS , my daughter is an electrician , fitting in a university degree in engineering and no1 son a carpenter/mechanic ( has apprenticeship in both ) no2 son backpacking , no3 son works with me , and finaly no4 son just left school works in retail but is going back into full time education to do something ( who knows what )

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

fenderbender

I started off as an apprentice book binder -could'nt get a union card
then a stock control clerk -until I made a major cockup -I lost the documents for 2 JCBs and a 40 foot mobile crane -(jaaaaaz they made such a big deal out of it I left -)  ;D ;D ;D
tryed the printing game again -still could'nt get a union card -
so I spend most of my working years as a forklift driver -
nearly forgot to mention -I also worked for major perfume manufacturer -but had this think about colour charts  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
but I was still gigging weekends -that always paid the bills  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Im a fully qualified liability on the state 8) 8) 8) 8)
have all the bits and pieces to prove it
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pipes

Presently an English teacher in Poland...na wot i meen....innit just so...Triffik...Blimey:) Geezer:)
Also worked in a Chocolate Factory and as a..
...Plumber
...Head Greenkeeper on Golf courses
...Sport therapist
...Karate teacher
...Worked in grave yard..lots of people worked under me:)))
...slept in a cricket Pavillion..whilst looking after 9 hole Golf course...basically homeless:))

....Makes you think this topic:))
Nick

chapperz66

Given up trying to find someone to employ me (too old) - so I've started up as a self employed consultant - and incredibly managed to find what looks like at least a few months' work with an ex colleague.  Start tomorrow so unlikely to post much new music for a while.  Nick has at least one False Prophet tune on the go so he might post that at some stage when it's done.

In the meantime - all the best and I'll be back - just like Arnie and MacArthur!

Regards

Paul Chapman

Geir

Congrats Paul! And good luck with the new engagement. Try making some time to make music tho!! We will miss you if you're not here !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

alfstone

General Practitioner (UK). Or Family Doctor (USA), since...many years.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

#gpmproject

long time experienced injection moulding tecnician (plastic's production), than foreman and now warehouse operative - recesion, you know...sometimes there's not choice...