A Family

Started by boldward, November 29, 2010, 02:36:35 AM

Greeny

There is a bizarre, fragile kind of brilliance about this. Like Gritter, I wasn't sure at the beginning of the song, but it suddenly hooked me and became something rather extraordinary. The harmonies are mind-blowing. I have to say (and this is the biggest compliment I could pay...) that there is a touch of Brian Wilson in some of the melodies and songwriting. There is a lot of tidying up you could do on the backing rhythm etc, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this is a special song.

Wonderful!

stoman

QuoteApart from that, you must admit, it's not very good, is it!
Nonsense! :)

I really like this composition. Of course it isn't produced professionally, but we are all homerecorders. And, honestly: I think there are a lot of rough diamonds among the songs that get posted by homerecorders here and elsewhere every day. I don't listen to commercially produced songs very much any more because there is so much great music to listen to for free. :)

Regards,
  Steffen

Gritter

Yes...as Greeny said, Brian Wilson must be an influence. I also here Crosby, Stills, Nash and Jones (Howard Jones). Love your voice, so intimate.

cuthbert

I must agree with the Brian Wilson reference made by Greeny - in fact, I'd also mention Dennis Wilson in the same breath. This wouldn't sound very out of place on 'The Beach Boys Love You', one of their more underrated records.

But it's still totally original, and it sounds like the boldward songs I've heard here so far. Great song!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase