Who would you vote for today.

Started by holdempok, November 04, 2008, 08:40:33 AM

holdempok

Why don't we do it on the road?

Greeny

Not living in the States means this is the only vote I'll be casting  :)

Flash Harry

Barack Hussein Obama.

Just because I think that America needs him right now. He will be good  for the country and good for America's profile in the wider international community.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

holdempok

Your are right America does need him right now for one reason and one reason only. To show all our allied countries that we ( America is still the place for hope and oportunity. For the past 20+years that has been shrunken by all the big power greed.

But honestly I hate to say it wouldn't suprise me at all if he didn't win for the reason of our history of what people have ran the country for all these years.

It is time for change. It's been time for the last 20.

Greeny

Quote from: flashharry on November 04, 2008, 09:10:31 AMBarack Hussein Obama.

Just because I think that America needs him right now. He will be good  for the country and good for America's profile in the wider international community.

Just a personal view (and it feels a bit of a weird deviation from guitars and music)....

I have a feeling 99% of the UK would be voting for Obama (given the chance).

I worries me that the world are heaping too much expectation on what he'll bring though... I remember the great 'hope' that Blair seemed to arrive with when he was elected PM. And look what happened there... ! (the f*cking smarmy lying charlatan).

But America need this change - and some time to heal from the  severe damage to the economy and international relations caused by the inept (and downright dangerous...) Bush administration.

I might sit up late tonight and see what happens.

Flash Harry

I'd like to. It's fascinating, but I have to have a clear thinking head on tomorrow.
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: holdempok on November 04, 2008, 09:52:38 AMYour are right America does need him right now for one reason and one reason only. To show all our allied countries that we ( America is still the place for hope and oportunity. For the past 20+years that has been shrunken by all the big power greed.

But honestly I hate to say it wouldn't suprise me at all if he didn't win for the reason of our history of what people have ran the country for all these years.

It is time for change. It's been time for the last 20.

You're right - the Republicans have pretty much isolated you from the rest of the world. Obama's first job needs to be to fix a whole load of international relations, and to show that America can actually be part of an International community rather than seeing everyone who disagrees with US policy as a potential enemy.

I still have this nagging fear that there will be a last minute 'white' swing away from Obama. I fear for the consequences if that happens, so here's hoping... !!!!

holdempok

QuoteI still have this nagging fear that there will be a last minute 'white' swing away from Obama. I fear for the consequences if that happens, so here's hoping... !!!!

Les that is what I fear most.

There is bound to be HUGE controvesary.

Greeny

Panic over! And I'm glad that common sense prevailed. Feels like the start of something very important...

:)

Flash Harry

I'm glad he won the popular vote here by a landslide!

Turn out was poor though. I sense apathy.
- Kurt Vonnegut.