What songs would you like to cover? ...a wish list

Started by Greeny, November 04, 2008, 02:36:28 AM

Mudhut

"Say it Loud - I'm Black and I'm Proud" would be great as bluegrass kind of like funkgrass. I'd love to have the talent to have a go at "Jealous of the moon" Nickel Creek, what great song that is!
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Greeny

We haven't had too much (or any?!) bluegrass on here. Would love someone to rectify that though!  :)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWe haven't had too much (or any?!) bluegrass on here. Would love someone to rectify that though!
check out this post from farmjazz from a while back

http://microrecorders.org/community/collaborations/bury-me-in-bluegrass/0/
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

danieldesete

I tried a cover of lou reed this week end -perfect day-
But listening today I think I was maybe a little sleepy
what do you think ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYriH2wNBFk
daniel
hou hou ha ha

Prive

I have tried all my life to sing like The Outfield or Men at work, i give up.  ??? ??? ???
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Greeny

I have a real urge to cover 'Fire and Rain' by James Taylor. I can busk it pretty well, but without proper fingerpicking I just can't give the guitar part the finesse it needs.

Any takers?!  :)

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on November 04, 2008, 03:54:43 AMHalleluia, Leonard Cohen, as played by Jeff Buckley

I'm SO incensed by this being f*cked around with on the X-Factor (and the fact that it will probably be Christmas number 1), that I'm going to do a version this weekend...

One telecaster (with a bit of chorus), one voice, and nowhere to hide. The way it should be.

Well... I'll try!  :D

Oldrottenhead

QuoteHalleluia, Leonard Cohen, as played by Jeff Buckley

I'm SO incensed by this being f*cked around with on the X-Factor (and the fact that it will probably be Christmas number 1), that I'm going to do a version this weekend...

One telecaster (with a bit of chorus), one voice, and nowhere to hide. The way it should be.

Well... I'll try!  Cheesy
ooooooooooo im coming in my big baggy drawers at the thought.

i would like to try a dream goes on forever by todd rundgren but as usual would need someone to do the music fur me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann