Thro' a Field of Dreams

Started by Gu Djin, November 25, 2010, 02:02:57 AM

Gu Djin

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I don't normally expose you to my earliest attempts at composing, or recording.  And I'm not sure how this will go down as it's long, it varies in rhythm and the timing in very free and although spread over several tracks, it is just the one guitar for everything.

This was my first reasonable recording of an acoustic piezo di, electro nylon strung in a style I have no description for.  Very experimental, but it worked well enough for me to continue wandering down less explored musical lanes and as such I have a fondness for it, probably greater than it deserves.

It's on SoundClick as it breaches the 6meg barrier.  More history lesson than Rock an' Roll.  I should add that this is composed the improvisation is more in the fingering than the separate parts, otherwise it wouldn't have been matchable over the four or five tracks I used.

Leigh

Players not working for me.  If you really want to hear it please try the SC link, I've checked that and it's fine  

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6770555

[soundclick]http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6770555[/soundclick]
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

henwrench

Can't get it to play  :(

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

Cheers for the info.  I been trying to get the player to work, but it doesn't seem to like my song.  Works fine on the SC link I've put up though.  Maybe one of the mods can tell me why ?
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Redler

I'm on my second listening. This need a real focusing on listening. An ethereal soundscape - best to listen via headphones! Ambitious music - I like it!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Like this a lot Gu Djin !! creates a lovely image !!

to make the soundclick player work you shoud put JUST the song number between the brackets :
[soundclick]6770555[/soundclick]
[soundclick]6770555[/soundclick]
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Musical images playing across my mind, relaxing but strange ,just like last night,s dream.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

This has a very interesting sound and very relaxing!!
Pj

I didn't think I'd listen to this all the way through, but I did, twice, and I shall play it again later when I get home. There is something intangibly deep in the rythmns. It masquerades as a simple little tune but is far more complex than I gave it credit for. Sorry. I love it..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

scottieD

I like it!  Ther's a real teeter totter effect going on with the rhythm, that throws you off balance then pulls you back in...very subtle but effective...well done! :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...