"I've Seen How He Looks at You"

Started by ODH, November 24, 2010, 04:10:38 PM

Hilary

Oh yeah dark, I like it :)  Loved the bass run downs (if that's what you call them!), I think the main vox is just a tad low in the mix, for me anyway.

A great song and well put together . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Grahamsway

This song tells it how it is although scary in parts.  Song writing is about letting out those inner emotions and you've certainly done that here. Great song with a good foundation provided by drums and base. You seem to have a talent for good lyric writing. Keep up the good work, Graham.

ODH

Thanks guys, that means a lot to me. This song is quite special to me.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

I rarely venture over into Original songs as I never write any myself but this is cool. Well done Nick - great song!
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

This seriously good, can hear various influences but very hard to categorise it to my ears as it very unique sounding as a whole.

The combination of bass and keys at the start really do set the mood and scene for whats to follow, and I really like the layering of the music throughout, and the slightly quirky guitar solo at 2 minutes is brilliant!

Good separation between the verses and the slightly more uptempo choruses, and the vocal harmonies during them choruses are a real standout, in fact your vocal throughout is one of your best and it matches up perfectly with the musical vibe you have created.

Countless listens already this morning on this, and it is rapidly becoming one of my favourites of recent times, and slightly embarassed I missed this 3 years ago!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Wow well done ORH a great fined, don,t know how I missed this cause it,s quality all the way through, magic stuff going back for more!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Thanks H

This is one of my favorite "own" tracks, back from when I had a little bit of creativity to draw on.  Those were the days...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

steelguitar

After have listened to the tribute of Kenny Mac, I go to the original...
It is really different from the tribute and love that song!!!

A dark song, the bass and the guitars and the drums give a 70's taste, the choeurs and the keyboards more a 80's taste!
Love the energy on the playing, especialy the crunch guitars.
Very nice melody, fantastic stuff!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Mike_S

Great tune Nick. it really has a great original feel, love that raw unprocessed guitar sound - enjoyed very much. :)
recorder
iPad GarageBand