'The Day that Marc Bolan Died'

Started by Greeny, November 03, 2008, 03:51:47 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 16, 2009, 11:52:02 AM
QuoteWould love to see Tharek, Mike (FH), Mike (48), Jim (ORH), facemask, SteveB, and others in the UK as well.  Maybe Geir can swing by too; Norway can't be too far .
if there is drinking involved i'll do my best to get there, drink food and music in no particular order non o that sex and drugs n rock n roll.
beers n grub n rock n roll then mibbes a wee snuggle up to mrs orh.

Did someone mention Beer........?

I'm there!

I see the north-man has already registered an interest!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

This is a bloody good track Tim , i love the mix of guitars here and i think your vox could'nt be better , i loved early tyrannasaurus rex with just guitars and percussion , Marc's vox with those crazy lyrics and amazing harmonies gave me hours of pleasure      ( the drugs probably helped of course ) then he went commercial i lost interest , i felt that he'd sold out , i go over the bridge where he died in barnes regulary and the tree is still covered in flower's and photographs , sad really

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Greeny

Quote from: facemask93 on July 16, 2009, 05:03:39 PMi go over the bridge where he died in barnes regulary and the tree is still covered in flower's and photographs , sad really

I see that pretty reguarly too. It's amazing how 'loved' he still is - there's so many fans who still leave presents, flowers, letters etc there. It's a proper little shrine. I actually go there myself from time to time when I'm passing (it's pretty close to my girlfriends).

I agree that he lost it through drugs and ego-mania towards the end. But I only have to watch Ringo Starr's 'Born to Boogie' concert footage to remind me what an incredible and charismatic performer he was live.

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 16, 2009, 11:37:57 AMNext time I'm in London (which will be the first time), we need to have a beer or 9 together; I'll have you take me to your favorite pub. :)

Would love to see Tharek, Mike (FH), Mike (48), Jim (ORH), facemask, SteveB, and others in the UK as well.  Maybe Geir can swing by too; Norway can't be too far ... ;D

You're on! Would love for that to happen oneday! This is my very favourite bar in London (amongst quite a few others!). It's small, eclectic, and full of weird and dusty tat. A bit like my brain, lol. We would all fill the top bar  :D

Bradley's Spanish Bar, hidden up a side road just off Oxford Street...

Hang on... is that orh already outside...?! lol

Ferryman

Oldie but goldie, hadn't heard this before. I think your production has come on but this is a strong song and has all of your hallmarks in it. Your lead playing is a lot stronger now, but you get that 70s fuzz sound nicely here. As someone who enjoyed Tyrannosaurus Rex, let alone T. Rex, I like the sentiments here. Must go and ride a white swan now.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This isn't one of my best - well, not in my opinion anyway (i.e. it hasn't made my Soundclick page where I put my 'strongest' songs...) . But the sentiments and feelings behind it are very important to me. It's amazing how the production side of things has moved on since I did this  :)

I did a painting about this subject too. It's not a great pic of it, as it's a bit out of focus. And it's more abstract than some of mine...

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Greeny on July 17, 2009, 04:04:48 AMIt's amazing how the production side of things has moved on since I did this  :)

I've always been a big fan of your production skills with the MBR. A song made with the magical silver brick is kind of an artform in itself, not quite like painting, but in it's own league. Hours of toiling with the buttons, not knowing how the arrangement will turn out until the final mix is done. I love it.

I like the painting - would never even think about delving into that world...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Great song Greeny!!  Simple and direct - excellent!! 

I really like the guitar picking at the end - nice frosting on the cake!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on July 17, 2009, 03:02:05 AM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 16, 2009, 11:37:57 AMNext time I'm in London (which will be the first time), we need to have a beer or 9 together; I'll have you take me to your favorite pub. :)

Would love to see Tharek, Mike (FH), Mike (48), Jim (ORH), facemask, SteveB, and others in the UK as well.  Maybe Geir can swing by too; Norway can't be too far ... ;D

You're on! Would love for that to happen oneday! This is my very favourite bar in London (amongst quite a few others!). It's small, eclectic, and full of weird and dusty tat. A bit like my brain, lol. We would all fill the top bar  :D

Bradley's Spanish Bar, hidden up a side road just off Oxford Street...

Hang on... is that orh already outside...?! lol

Sounds like my kind of place -- I'll be there! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Greeny on July 17, 2009, 04:04:48 AMThis isn't one of my best - well, not in my opinion anyway (i.e. it hasn't made my Soundclick page where I put my 'strongest' songs...) . But the sentiments and feelings behind it are very important to me. It's amazing how the production side of things has moved on since I did this  :)

I did a painting about this subject too. It's not a great pic of it, as it's a bit out of focus. And it's more abstract than some of mine...

Very nice work!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels