Wheels and Trailers

Started by Gu Djin, November 22, 2010, 02:56:15 AM

Gritter

I like it. Very exotic and comforting at the same time.

Gu Djin

Cheers Dave and Sandy - I'm ashamed to say there were no instruments on here except for those I made with the keyboards and Midi.  I play the flute badly and can only squawk with the bow on my fiddle - however I believe just being able to play them just a little helps me make the keyboard produced sounds a little more authentic.  I don't think I understood how the flute worked until I tried playing one - same goes for the fiddle (and definitely for the accordion though not on this piece), however if you hear guitars of various variety, bouzouki, mando, uke, or 5 string banjo, then it's likely to be the real thing.  I have recorded using my flute on occasion.  I also recorded some sounds from the fiddle and then exposed them to a range of effects for a sound odyssey.

And I am beginning to find my way round my keyboards, very slowly. 

I seldom cut and paste as I lose the feel for whatever I'm doing.  I do delete odd bits and plunks though, which is why the sounds get a bit chaotic at times.  Basically I just like having fun, if it gets to be too much like hard work it takes the joy out of it. 

I get an idea and try to develop it - and just let it take me in whatever direction it wants.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  If I spend too long on something I dry, so I try to keep moving all the time.

Sorry for the ramble.

Thanks again.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

mr2kewl

absolutely fabulous, Leigh.

definetley a cool medieval feel and all done on the keyboards making even cooler.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

If this is all keys then, Yes, I am impressed.  It is very hard to play midi instruments on keys and make it sound right.  This sounds right to my ears.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh yes, I can hear this gracing some baronial hall (or Henwrench Towers) after the feasting and the dancing begins. Lovely composition that conjured up a picture in my mind. Loved it..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800