Wheels and Trailers

Started by Gu Djin, November 22, 2010, 02:56:15 AM

Gu Djin

Wheels and trailers
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just let this rest here - while I catch up on all that's been going on over the last couple of weeks.  I've been in  listening mode, but had little opportunity to comment on what I've heard.  So if I've missed you, it's not a slight, just life. Hope to be more active this week.

Song title comes from an album that inspired the idea, it contained a song that reflected the traveling communities trials over the years.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Geir

WOW Leigh.

Beautiful, relaxing piece of music !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Beautiful instrumental music Leigh! Sounds like a folk music from Asia or something. You are able to write music in so many different genres!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Wonderful Feel
Almost medieval
Love the strings and wind
Great post thanks

Kenneth

Beautiful Leigh, really.
I enjoyed the listen.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

hey leigh the last one i heard from you gave me a fairground carney feel, this does too but in a medieval sort of way, does that make sense? i think you might have a concept album in the making.

as an aside i was at a travellers wedding many moons ago and the bride walked down the aisle to "there's now business like showbusiness" played on a big ole church organ" it was braw.

anyway keep em coming good sir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gary F

Very nice tune Leigh!!
This was really enjoyable listen,a breath of fresh air!!!

Gary

OsCKilO

I really could listen to this for ages!

Beautiful Leigh!!

Reminds me of climbing that big mountain (hill thingy....) next to Geirs Hut!
Through his haunted forest!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gu Djin

Thanks all.  I really do appreciate the listens and comments.  Sometimes when I do stuff I sometimes wonder if there is any point - but encouragement from you all is to blame for my continuation in cheerful noise creation.

Just a point about the tune.  It was something I made about four, or five years ago as a guitar only study, but was recorded rather poorly.  This version is a rewrite of the same piece and I finished recording and mixing it last week- but not one guitar in sight(or sound).

Thanks again.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Bluesberry

This is all authentic folk instruments then?  Fan-tas-tic.  Beautifully recorded.  Some keyboards in there?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand