"I'll Play My Guitar"

Started by supersoldier71, November 15, 2010, 03:00:04 PM

supersoldier71

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

It's a slow blues tune.  Don't really have the chops to pull off the guitar part (or the vocals, really), but I had fun doing it!  Hope you enjoy it!

[soundclick]9878438[/soundclick]

Agile Hawker >RP1000 > MicroBR for the bassline
Gibson Les Paul Faded Special w/ humbuckers for the guitar part.

You've got everything you need, the vox is great, the licks are great and fun is the main thing. Like it a lot........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Great vox ... love the bass line ... and some killer guitar as well !!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

IanR

I did enjoy this.

I love the contrast between your vox and your guitar.  I would have liked the vox a bit louder however and also the bass was hard to hear but I was listening via my laptop so only lo fi monitors.

Great stuff.  I'm going to keep looking for more!!!!

IanR

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

supersoldier71

Thank you all!  I'll update the post when I polish the song a little more!

hardlock

Mix sounds good to me on headphones.  Nice gritty blues there!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

danieldesete

Man you can sing and play the blues!
hou hou ha ha

lg

On these 'el-cheapo' 'puter speaks, it sounds pretty good to me!
I download it and put it on my mp3 player for further insight....
Keep rockin'

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

chapperz66

There are enough chops there for me Marcus.  Great blues. 

If I was being picky, the end needs a bit of a tidy-up, but I know you intend to polish it up a bit.  Other than that spot-on.

Paul

Ferryman

Sounding pretty good to me, your guitar sound is fabulous and you have a really nice touch. Maybe not a lot of face melting runs but IMO you don't need those, it's about the feel and emotion and you have those aplenty. Vox sound great to me.

I'd be tempted to move the bass to the middle of the mix and add a bit of rhythm to balance it out a bit. You could even have two guitars echoing each other a bit. But I'm an old traditionalist and feel that having the bass off to one side makes the mix sound unbalanced. The end could be a bit smoother as well, but there's lots of great stuff going on here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR