The Haunting of Peter Grimes

Started by Gu Djin, November 15, 2010, 06:32:38 AM

Gu Djin

The Haunting of Peter Grimes
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I can't sing, or record through the mic at the moment, but I had to make something - so I began a new story.  All di'd in or keyboard midi - apart from the drum loop.

Hope to get back to normal (whatever that is) this week.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

chapperz66

That's a pretty haunting piece.  Suitably ethereal.  I'd avoid normality at all costs if I were you.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Peter Grimes = the Britten opera? 

Paul

Geir

Haunting indeed !!

Me like very much !!!

Hypnotic piece of music !!

Off to another listen now !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Haunting, yes-sir-ee.  This is crying out for vocals.  Hope you are feeling better soon Leigh.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hi Leigh, your're probably like me, if your gear breaks down or you get mental block and you can't post anything for a while it's like the end of the world, a sort of gloom decends on the week. But well done you've done a great job with a very listenable piece of music. Top notch.....Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gu Djin

Cheers all.  Be back later.

But in the meantime for Paul, Answer not really.  I always thought the Peter Grimes Opera was a grim affair.  But I like the name and placed in a more light hearted setting, being owned by an old fashioned, but soft hearted "cat burglar".  I have the germ of an idea for the story, but this song kind of got in the way.  We'll how it goes.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Redler

Haunting, hypnotic and ethereal mentioned...agree with members above. Leigh's music is always surpirising! Nice job!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Spooky tune & rather hypnotic!   Kinda got this cool creepy gowl shuffle vibe!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

cuthbert

Very interesting piece - can't wait to hear some vocals on it.

Never heard of Peter Grimes before, but the theme of the opera seems very cinematic. I'm surprised it hasn't been made into a film already.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

lg

Nice creepy....But happy, kinda tune.
Yes, it is screaming for vox!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!