"School Bus" - original by Ted

Started by Ted, November 13, 2010, 08:30:36 PM

Ted

Ronwhistle, who provided the impetus for this song, is a lurking nonmember. So feel free to stroke direct comments to him too.

Quote from: Blooby on November 14, 2010, 01:39:28 PMAnybody who can make you groove in something other than 4/4 is okay in my book.

You noticed! The math worked out just right, so there were no fancy MBR rhythm tricks this time.

Quote from: Geir on November 14, 2010, 06:00:00 PMTed Ted Ted !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is freaking amazing !!! My favourite song of the month !!! And that said keeping in mind all the great stuff that has been posted here lately.

I get a bit of The Who vibe from this, mostly because of the raw energy and rhythm in the guitars. But still this is 100% Ted, just the way we love it !!

Geir, are you flirting with me?

That's a huge compliment. Hey, Ron! Are you getting this? Geir is like a Viking Monkeygod around here. Put that on your resume.

Quote from: Tony W on November 15, 2010, 11:05:41 AMJuvenile is my motto.

And by motto, he means "girlfriend."

Quote from: Willie Wendon on November 15, 2010, 02:49:38 PMLoved it, how do you get drums to do that. Fantastic. I'm gonna play it loud enough to wake the Neighbours I want them to share this.............Willie

I'm not sure what you mean about the drums, but I'm kind of obsessive about getting the most out of the MBR's rhythm arranger. Search this site, and you'll find that I tend to go on about it. I think this was the first time I ever used the HipHop kit in a finished song.

I hope your neighbors like it too. Actually, I don't care that much, but I do like that it inspired you to annoy your neighbors. Again, my juvenile side is showing.

It's really gratifying that people seem to like it--even call it a favorite. It's been on the back burner for a long time to record this. I'm glad I finally made the time.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Oh dear. What to do. I've violated my own masterbumping protocol and replied before this song had sunk to page two.

What to do...?

Need a pretext.

Now on Soundclick!

Perfect.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Perfect indeed (and not only the bump)....

hmmmm ... what have I got on page two, I wonder ::) (something with a min2b4aug5maj6t chord I think)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

danieldesete

lots of work in this one but really worth it !
hou hou ha ha

hardlock

GREAT WORK!  Love everything about it.  Sounds like one of those songs that just had to be done and boy did you do it right!  Straight to pod it goes! :D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

chapperz66

I'll happily supply another bump - but only 'coz I really enjoyed listening to this!  Brilliant stuff.

Paul

Ferryman

Great sounds Ted, I love the production and the playing throughout especially the bass at the end after the breakdown where you let rip a bit. Were you playing fretless?

The construction of the song is great, with really cool drum programming and I like the way you have put the whole thing together. Nice vox as well, you keep it together well in the falsetto parts. There's a but from me though - I can't make out the lyrics, so I'm missing the real heart of the song! Can you post the words please?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Nice foot-tapper! :) Back in the 70s this song might have been a perfect fit for Suzi Quatro.

Sigh ... the 70s ... best music ever ...

Regards,
  Steffen

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on November 19, 2010, 04:18:41 AMGreat sounds Ted, I love the production and the playing throughout especially the bass at the end after the breakdown where you let rip a bit. Were you playing fretless?

I'm glad you noticed.  I was thinking of a couple of older Elvis Costello songs where Bruce Thomas was kept on a short leash until the fade out.

I've added the lyrics to the top of the post.

Quote from: stoman on November 19, 2010, 10:17:14 AMNice foot-tapper! :) Back in the 70s this song might have been a perfect fit for Suzi Quatro.

I missed out on Suzi Quatro. I'll give her a listen today.  Thanks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

stoman

Quote from: Ted on November 19, 2010, 10:48:52 AMI missed out on Suzi Quatro. I'll give her a listen today.  Thanks.

Listen to the big hits, like "48 Crash", "Mama's Boy", "She's In Love With You"!

Regards,
  Steffen