Neil Young

Started by Flash Harry, October 31, 2008, 02:44:55 AM

Flash Harry

Neil Young night tonight BBC 4 10pm
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

I spotted that too. It's preceded by an Eagles concert and followed by something on Crosby Stills and Nash. Then there's a repeat of a really good documentary about the Eagles, Jackson Browne, Gram Parsons etc. Should be a good evening's viewing!

Flash Harry

Feet up, a bottle of wine and a pizza, what a way to end a fraught week.

Nice.
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

It gets even better... flipping heck: have a look at this... !

9:00 pm In Concert: The Eagles
Part of Neil Young Night. Footage of Californian country rockers The Eagles from 1973, performing classic US hits such as Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman and Take it Easy.

9:30 pm In Concert: Neil Young
Part of Neil Young Night. Footage of the singer-songwriter from 1971, with songs that were to feature on his classic album Harvest, including Heart of Gold, A Man Needs a Maid and Old Man.

10:00 pm Neil Young: Don't Be Denied
Part of Neil Young Night. The musical legend traces his 40-year musical journey in his own words, utilising previously unseen performance footage. Contains some strong language.

11:00 pm DÃjà Vu
Part of Neil Young Night: Against the backdrop of war in Iraq, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young hit the road with their anti-war message. Contains very strong language.

12:30 am Hotel California: LA from the Byrds to the Eagles. Documentary looking at the music and mythology of a golden era in Californian culture. Contains some strong language.

It's the 9:30pm one that really gets me. I love the 'Harvest' album with a passion.

Greeny

Heh heh... how good was this? Brilliant! Almost justified TV licence fees. Almost   :D

Oldrottenhead

bbc 4 alone justifies the tv licence.

neil young documentary was excellent.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Got the lot on DVD. Posterity.
- Kurt Vonnegut.