Cup Of Coffee - Sandy Gritt (Picasso Project)

Started by Gritter, November 13, 2010, 03:13:23 AM

scottieD

Wow.  What an amazing song Gritter.  Simply simply great.  The lyrics are great, but for me it's always about the music, and this is a stunner...that bass melody totally sells the song, and everything else falls in around it...that is a Hooter you're playing right?  It's all so good...and topped off with IMO your best vocals to date.  Stunning.

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

Bluesberry

stunning...a masterful microBR production here, really strong vocals.  Did you just sing into the onboard mic Sandy?  any double tracking action here?  fantastic,

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 05, 2010, 07:38:57 PMstunning...a masterful microBR production here, really strong vocals.  Did you just sing into the onboard mic Sandy?  any double tracking action here?  fantastic,

Yup... Micro BR onboard mic with double tracked lead vocals. I believe, if Mr. Gould was a singer, that is how he would have done it.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on December 06, 2010, 01:06:24 PMYup... Micro BR onboard mic with double tracked lead vocals. I believe, if Mr. Gould was a singer, that is how he would have done it.
I believe you are right about Mr Gould.  I have heard it said that he had a built in natural double tracking built into his vocal chords, old skiing accident when he was 3, and it gave his voice that natural girth we have all come to love.  Groundbreaker, you bet.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

j.g.

Having been blown away by your first version, this new mix is just perfection.
I love ever thing in this, the bass captures you from the opening few bars and then there are so many pieces going on throughout to keep you interested, what a wonderful piece.
I will keep listening to this and learn some lessons in production from it.
Geoff

Kevin Mammoth

it has all been said already - but great song, holds together just beautifully
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Gary F

Sandy and Fuzz, you have created a killer song! Love the vocals and the bass.Great performance!!!

Gary

Bluesberry

I am just listening to the new jukebox put up, and of course this is the first song in the album...........I can't believe the emotion radiating while listening to this song.......sheeet, misty eyes, lumpy throat....................a total beautiful thing of beauty you have crafted here Sandy/Trevor

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

ths is bliss reminds me of a henwrench song when are we getting a sandy and hen collab?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann