Cup Of Coffee - Sandy Gritt (Picasso Project)

Started by Gritter, November 13, 2010, 03:13:23 AM

Gu Djin

I've avoided listening to most of the Picasso songs so far, as I felt they would influence what I was doing, or put me off contributing at all.  But I weakened,  I think this is really good and captures the mood perfectly.

Now I'll have to try to get mine closer to this standard of production, though unfortunately my performance will not get near this level.

Great contribution.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Bluesberry

The first time I listened I spit my coffee out, in a real HOLY SHIT moment, huge song I said to myself through the departing coffee.  The second time I was not drinking coffee, red ale, and you know what happened, I ended up in a state of verbal spewing where I posted multiple rambling posts, proclaiming my deepest love for this song, but of course the red ale interfered with my thoughts and typing fingers and I went off on a weird tangent that ended up discussing bulging brains and all that shit.  The third time I listened, I was at work, sober as a grey morning, lots of work in front of me, but was completely stopped in my tracks, the phone rang...didn't answer...f&ck them all... I am listening to the sound of beauty here...I sat enraptured for what seemed like minutes afterwards...until a co-worker came in and said "what the hell you doing Berry, you look like you're in a daze there".  Now here I sit on listen #4, this morning, I am drinking coffee, not spitting it out, I feel more in control of myself today, I can really listen to the nuance here, the subtle things that you put in, the things that you left out, that flipping vocal, right inside my brain, I can't... this beauty... man... I am overcome with emotion, literal and figurative tears are coming from my eyes here today, its not coffee that pours forth from one of my bodily openings, it is salty water.  I am just going to wrap this up by saying, damn dude you got me with this song... I am back for #5 now... #6...shit man can't stay away...#7...This will be my constant companion this week, I need to hear this song this week...#8...it will never stop, my intense amazement with what you put down here, using Fuzz's incredible lyrics as your paint, the microBR as your canvas, your heart and soul (and that musical brain of yours) as the brushstrokes...#9...thanks for doing this song Sandy...#10..........................

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

Superb. Put together so well, a lot of good work going on here Sandy. Love the vocals, love all of it!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

This is wonderful!!!!! I'm wanting to sink into a double mocha dolce latte right now, whilst viewing picasso and listening to these smooth, creamy tones.

This is so powerful, yet understated :) I could listen to this many times.
Thankyou.

henwrench

Quote from: cuthbert on November 24, 2010, 01:16:42 PMI keep coming back to this one...epic!

Same here! Back for more... ;D ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Me too. Should be listening to other new stuff but came back here to listen to this one. Still love it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

I don't know what else to say but I love this. The perfect creation with a perfect combination of gritt and sand!! Love the vocals, and you dialed in the guitar better than I could ever dream of doing.

A masterpiece no doubt!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover