Cup Of Coffee - Sandy Gritt (Picasso Project)

Started by Gritter, November 13, 2010, 03:13:23 AM

Bluesberry

As for genre I would call this Grittorian Sandinist Splendor of the highest caliber

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Started Out With Such Promise
Time:
0:00
Volume:
For those interested, Here is my first attempt at putting FuzzFace's lyrics to music...this is really, really rough...kind of a punk thang, but I never developped it as I didn't think it fit well with the overall tone of the project. You can hear my frustration first hand, though I still think it's a fun listen and shows that the MBR drums can be fun!

...It Started Out With Such Promise.

Sandy.

FuzzFace

Wow you have captured what is going on in my head pretty much the majority of the time.

Bluesberry

I really like this (and by this I am talking about your first post, which is your second version, but is my first one listened to, which for me is your first post, even though you have just posted this one which is your earlier version...right).  This is like my echo comment, if you listen very close you can hear the inside of my head, and the way it sounds while listening.  Best yet...best ever...no friggigng way man...like shit dude...all of the above...all that superlative is really justified, I know it gets bandied about at times here and over there (where? - who's talking... what?), but you really put this together.  I think to say your best yet is a disservice to some very fine songs you have done, but this is being said here, on this song, because of your full production here, and you displayed skills as a musical brain, producer, arranger, musical large head with veins* bulging* along the sides...those kind of skills are not as readily discernible on your other gems, but that musical bulging* muscle is still very much there, just not as in your face as this one.  It is so very good to hear you flex your bulging* musical brain like this once in a while.  Beauty.

* I apologize for all-around goofiness and using words that may be construed in less savory applications like bulge and veins and all that rubbish.  My excuse for such frivolity is exhaustion, yea thats it.  I thought I had a good point to make but on re-reading...hmmmm...lets just say fantastic production here, what I mean is so good it hurts.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Thats is some cool experimental track that you did as a rough cut (now I am talking about your second post which is your first version which I am just hearing now, as I heard your first post before now).  It is bulging with musical notes.  And even kinda funny.  But it got you thinking, flexing that muscle of yours...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

HI Sandy
VERY well executed. nice bouncing bass. worked well being somewhat a
dominating factor in the song. and vocals were good..THEWHOLE song
was well formatted. and wellconstructed. nice listen thanks for sharing
NEIL

Redler

It is second listening in a row... Well done, Sandy. I like the tune, it is stellar, but the production also absolutely perfect job!! Amazing good post!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Wow Sandy, this is quite wonderful. A very, very deep piece of music with wonderful instrumentation, playing and vocals. The bass line anchors the whole thing (and may be a touch of the ghost of Henwrench there...) and then so many lovely little instrumental textures build aroud the wonderful lyrics. The accordion is wonderful, and to find out it's a real one is even more impressive. I love the light and shade here, the emotion of the spoken vox and then the way it picks up when you get to the chorusy parts.

The production and mixing is very clever. Beautifully balanced so that all the individual parts can be heard without it getting mushy. And normally I hate the bass being panned off to one side, but it works well here. That really is something in my book!

Great work, definitely one of your best and one of my all time faves on here. A triumph.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: FuzzFace on November 15, 2010, 03:11:31 PMWow you have captured what is going on in my head pretty much the majority of the time.

Brilliant! The best comment I have read so far. Love the wacky version that you scraped out of Trevor's head Sandy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Fine composition Sandy love your,e style and music how do you do that !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8