Cup Of Coffee - Sandy Gritt (Picasso Project)

Started by Gritter, November 13, 2010, 03:13:23 AM

Bluesberry

Another listen, stunning, simply stunning.  You have such a wicked musical mind, all the little choices you make here, stunning.  I don't think it is out of line to call this a little masterpiece.  Stunning.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

What a great opener!  Very smooth.  Perfect mood and atmosphere.  Very compelling.  It really feels like the beginning of a story.  It's perfect.

(Inspires me to wrap up my closer which I stalled on a while back)...

Geir

Oh yeah!1 This is STUNNING !!!!!!!!

My absolute favourite of yours, and that says a lot !! I agree with what's said about the production, it really pushes your talent even more into the spotlight.

This one's gonna get a lot of listens !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

This has Magnum Opus written all over it - Sandy, I'm awe-struck with what you did with FuzzFace's lyrics. There's a tinge of sadness in your voice that's striking. And is that a melodica being played? I've downloaded it for further study.

The bar has been raised yet again - and it really helps motivate me to work harder on 'Salomé'.

Beautiful job, man! Love your style.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

This is Fucking insanely GOOD!!!!! Sorry for the cuss but i had to. I have to say this is your best too. Seems like it took you a while to make this diamond. And it was worth it Sandy.

From that opening bass line and that percussion, piano and yeah is that a harp i hear or a squeezy toy? ???
This one I`ll be listening to all day.

Incredible voice and talent you have to go with Fuzz`z lyrics....SPEECHLESS!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gritter

Thanks so much listening and for the lovely comments. I had to abandon my punk ideology on this one!

I did struggle somewhat with this one but it seems each glitch or mistake along the way guided me to a better choice. Kind of like one step back then  two steps forward...I lost tracks along the way...piano was out of tune...reprogramming drums for the second beat meant saying goodbye to the original drum program though it was bumped to save it. I just hope that ferryman doesn't need too much of the original wave files for his final mix!

Here is what was used:

acoustic guitar
electric guitar
electric guitar as bass
Mum's piano (slightly out of tune)
accordion - (full on beast of an instrument - first time recorded!)
MBR drums X2
vocals X2
harmony vocal

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on November 13, 2010, 03:03:23 PMI did struggle somewhat with this one but it seems each glitch or mistake along the way guided me to a better choice. Kind of like one step back then  two steps forward...

Sometimes that way yields the best results.

I struggled on the lyrics with this one more than the others, labouring back and forth with multiple overlapping iterations, ultimately giving Gritter carte blanche... which was a great move because I love the choices you made on this song.

Great job.

Bluesberry

That sounds like the kind of stuff I get up to usually, one step forward, two steps backwards, the bigger the production the more of these happy accidents and painful mis-steps happen I find.  I really get a thrill out of turning these steps backwards into something that works in the end.  So much unexpected stuff comes this way.  It sounds like you were in the zone of inspiration here in the midst of all your hard work.  It paid off, it really paid off.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

This sounds greaT Sandy!!   Luv the intro, melody, instrumentation, and your vocals man!  This Picasso is album is going to rock in such a deep way......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

FuzzFace

I may be off the mark as I am not too savvy in terms of genres, however it seems this song successfully dodges any outright classification.

It's perfect for an album that stylistically goes in so many places to open with a sonic wildcard such as this.