Cup Of Coffee - Sandy Gritt (Picasso Project)

Started by Gritter, November 13, 2010, 03:13:23 AM

Gritter

Well, it really feels good to finish this one. It really felt like work getting this done...and that's not such a bad thing at all...but the songs in this collection are so well put together that I felt the pressure was on.

Thanks FuzzFace for the great lyrics on this one and on all the songs. You are quite an accomplished lyricist. This is inspired by your words and not so much the painting which IMO looks kinda crappy.

http://www.nga.gov/fcgi-bin/timage_f?object=66506&image=16657&c=

Thanks for listening,

Sandy.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Pipes

Hi Sandy..
Yes indeede..love it. you played your mum's piano and there's a squeeze box too....great.. great:))
Full of warmth man..
PS...thanks for you wishes re D A 50..the words " Be in her face" really stuck with with me and will forever..I understood what the wise man said:)) (great name for a song) thanks for passing those words to me:))
cheers
Nick

Donna D

Oh, this is lovely. :)  You did a fine job, Sandy. Well-done collab altogether for this excellent project.

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

dasilvasings

Great song you putted it in here! There is a lot going on, I have to listen to it again and learn!

Cheers,

Miguel
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Ahh man, Sandy, this is simply beautiful.  Such a full production, you should push your productions like this more often, this is so frigging beautiful.  What the hell can I say, I love it man, emotion is running thick on this beauty.  This will be like the centerpiece to the whole project for me.  I seriously love it Sandy.  You put the work into this one, no shortcuts were taken, and it works beautifully.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab
this is fabulous sandy, so much happening in this one its assaulting my senses in a wonderful way, the contrast of the piano and bass and  issit squeezebox or one of those harmonicas with the keys and the pipe you blow through that barnes and barnes used to use. as for the vocals wow so much powerful and emotion coming through, reminds me of kurt wagner at times but so uniquely gritter at the same time. i'm rambling now, going for my third listen so i'll shut up now.

braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mr2kewl

the vox are stunning!

the music is killer!

the lyrics...

precise.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Kenneth

In cans... sounds stunning.
What a full production, can't imagine the work it took, sounds of it.

Excellent!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Facemask93

I think this is Possibly one of your best songs Gritts , such an assortment of nice flavours coming across , i love the transition from Piano to guitar on the intro , its one of those songs that you could listen to endlessly , it really is that good , i agree with BB , you should do the full job on your songs more often , also full marks to Fuzz for the amazing lyrics again
This song in my opinion has commercial quality written all over it , i would pay for this song , and i dont do that very often , absolutely fabulous song mate , an excellent addition to the album , you should be proud of yourself
Well done

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper