Only An Echo

Started by Bluesberry, November 12, 2010, 07:15:34 PM

Geir

Great echo use Dave and then the full power hits you and the Bluesberry lead takes you away!!!

This is indeed much more than an echo jam !!

Great song !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

I was listening to this for the first time and decided it was going to the piePod. I looked up and the counter was at 11 seconds.

The texture you create from the beginning is really infectious. It was a great choice--and probably a difficult choice--not to put echo on the other guitar parts. IIWYP, it would have been very tempting to overplay that hand to excess.

I can definitely hear the ORH influence in the lyrics and vocal melody.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone, I am surprised it came out as good as it did, starting life as such a random jam like it did.  And yes Ted, I was originally going to have all guitars with delay, but then suddenly it seemed I needed contrast, but yes it was very tempting to keep laying on the delay until it all became too wild to manage. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 13, 2010, 02:16:12 PM...it was very tempting to keep laying on the delay until it all became too wild to manage. 

I think that's the difference between a song that belongs in it's own thread, and one that belongs in the Digital Drool-ay thread. Restraint and understatement has no business there.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on November 13, 2010, 02:32:11 PMI think that's the difference between a song that belongs in it's own thread, and one that belongs in the Digital Drool-ay thread. Restraint and understatement has no business there.
Haha, next time I will go for wild abandon, drool all over my pants if that is what it takes...I am such a control freak most times, I have a hard time getting that loose usually, I start to see a pattern emerging from the chaos and I usually am compelled to turn the choas into order, that is my nature.  I'll try harder for utter abandon next time.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

i cant get this one out of my head dave, it keeps coming back like an echo inside my brain, braw tell yer maw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

This is really great, your guitar delay sounds so good and the vox and the lyrics are really cool, this is a great song love,in it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Speed Demon

Even in chaos there is order. Might be difficult to see the pattern.

Makes for an interesting tune.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

OsCKilO

I Echo the comments of everybody else!

This is a great song!

The Arrangement is out of this world!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

What is it, cheesy pun day Tharek?

Dave, this is most excellent. Ken touched something I've always felt. You have a wonderful ability to tell a story with each song. Did Geir say something about the "Bluesberry lead". Yep, you have a signature sound and style.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR