Dad at 50

Started by Pipes, November 11, 2010, 03:31:09 AM

Kenneth

Congrats! Have fun and enjoy every moment!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Tangled Wires

Many congratulations Nick on the first Songcrafter baby, you quite rightly sound ecstatic and is the sort of news that you should be shouting from the rooftops.

Unless I get beaten to it, Songcrafter baby No.2 is due on 13th January, which will be our first too.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pipes

WOW, WOW AND F'N WOW...ROOF TOPS BEWARE:))) ;D...
shouting from the roof tops......actually i did some strange dance when my partner got pregnant..but not on a roof top:)))) ::) ::) ::)not even moon dancing...more like jazz 5/8 that no one can follow:)) :-\

Pipes

...and my tears were dancing all over the shop:))) when Teresa ( nova SC) arrived...
 ;) :D ;D ::)

OsCKilO

Congrats!!!!!!!

I never knew I could be so tired and so happy at the same time, when mine was born..!

Sleep when you can!!

Peace and blessings!

T (OsCKilO)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

Congrats! Be in her face. That's the best advise I got (from a wise old stranger) when my daughter was born more than 12 years ago.

Geir

Congrats Nick !!! Enjoy every moment !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kevin Mammoth

congrats, having a new bub is a very special time
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

dasilvasings

Congratulations Nick!

I have a 4,5 months old Laura! You can hear my first duet with her in the Covers section - a violent femmes song "please do not go", altered lyrics to "please let me sleep"

What to say? Music is great for babies, I sing and play for her a lot, and it brings some results. When I put her in front of the digital piano, she stares at a red led and starts soloing! She's a bit too much into Schoenberg and John Cage for my taste, but I'll eventually go there ;-)

All the best, and we are looking forward to hear Teresa!

Miguel

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Congrats, it is what its all about for me too.  Last night my son (8yrs old) and I were goofing with the instruments, he was playing the synth and I was singing and we were making up songs.  Keep music in your house, play it, sing too her, don't make your house go quite because of your new baby, fill it with music, if she is going to sleep play soothing classical or something.  My son loved "Enya" and listened to her music while falling asleep for many years.  When he was very young he seemed to like Neil Young "Everybody knows this is nowhere" and early Who.  The beat and groove of those seemed to appeal to him, would put him to sleep in my arms rocking to the beat.  Enjoy, it will be incredible.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand