Do you make your own ringtones?

Started by Geir, November 10, 2010, 08:27:40 AM

Geir

A spider reminderd me that there have been posted ringtones here earlier, and I even use a short instruMENTAL I made as a ringtone myself. So I'm just curious: Do you make your own ringtones?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

I made a few of my own instrumentals into ringtones. About every 3 weeks I'd have to make another ringtone because I couldn't stand how bad I was just a mere 3 weeks prior. I've held off on making any recently.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

What a good idea, I'm sure I can do one of these....  if..... I ... can... be........ bothered........   yawn........ mmmm....... zzzzzzzzzzz.......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

cuthbert

Damn...you can make sandwiches?  I feel pride when I dump the cereal into a bowl and then pour in the milk all by myself!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Vanncad

I don't even own a phone that supports ringtones  :-[

(I upgraded from a bag phone about 10 years ago, and still have one of the original flip-top models. It has a monochromatic display, a tip calculator, and I get about one day on a full charged battery  ;D)
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

IanR

i just finished my first one today.  Its funny that this post popped up at this time.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

Quote from: Vanncad on November 10, 2010, 05:32:05 PMI don't even own a phone that supports ringtones  :-[

(I upgraded from a bag phone about 10 years ago, and still have one of the original flip-top models. It has a monochromatic display, a tip calculator, and I get about one day on a full charged battery  ;D)

I wish I had a phone that was a phone and not a tart's handbag. I don't need apps for this and that. I don't need GPS to tell me where I am, (if I need to know where I am I know and if I don't know it's deliberate), I don't need to know what the weather's like, I follow Tim's advice and look out the window (out the window :)).  In fact I don't really need a mobile phone, other people need me to have a mobile phone, you know I think that I have hit upon an idea.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gnasty

I just bought a new phone the other day. I`m not really into having 3g or 4g on my phone but i bought one of these keyboard phones that addicted texters use. Turns out my fingers are too fat to press the the letters i want ??? Doesn`t anyone talk on a phone anymore?? Maybe morse code should be in again like disco and farrah fawcett hair.

Anyways, for the original question. If i want to download ringtones i have to buy a memory card. Freakin corporate money grubbing fucks!!

I`m done ranting >:(

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

Saturday, I worked on a computer 630 miles away from me. I turned on a pump that was 18 miles away from said computer. The pump filled a water tank that was 7 miles from the pump.

The glorious windows mobile phone has reduced my driving by 15,000 miles per year. The productivity is up, the travel times are down.

Needless to say, I'm with Mike. Other people need me to have a phone.

I consider it an electronic leash which anyone has the ability to yank all hours of the day and night. My phone battery never dies, the device has become part of my being. I forget where I place my keys, but never my phone. I willingly accept its hold over me, yet resent it completely. This all powerful device affects my relationships, my freedom, my self-image.

My phone has missed 4 calls in the last 24 hours, not showing any missed calls. I'll be replacing it as a result. I am a slave.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR