All My Cyber Friends (Kenneth and Bluesberry rock the joint)

Started by Bluesberry, November 07, 2010, 09:23:11 AM

Ferryman

Indeed, this is a labour of love that actually captures many people very well in a short snapshot - here I am emerging from lurk while on another trip to listen to a few songs! This is a great track with some excellent additions, nice solos all round and the lyrics are great. Nice vox Dave, and I love the Blooby-like jam at the end.

Another one that is up there with "A Song For All My Friends". It;s damn catchy as well, really enjoyed the whole thing.

Cheers,

Nigel

(back to lurk, hope to be around more from the end of the week!)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thanks my cyber friends...indeed a labour of love...After I hit 5000 posts, I was reflecting on what this place means to me, and then Kenneth and I were sharing a PM exchange the other day and I remarked how this site is the most important site I go to, it is like my cyber home, I love this place, and more important, I love all you great folks, everybody is a character, lots of different personalities here, and we all love music deeply, which makes this a special place in my books.  I tried to distill the essence of each person named in a word or two, and it made for fun lyrics to write.  I didn't want this to be just a listing of names, so I was forced to not use everybody's name, as I went on I realized that I was running out of song so I had to stop.  The lyrics had to stand as good lyrics first and foremost.  And Cuthbert, thanks for the Ian Curtis, I haven't had that comparison in a while, I really love that mans voice (may he RIP).  And most of all, thanks Kenneth, the music was so strong it inspired me big time, I love that feeling when I get inspired, funny stuff comes out of the blue, like the idea for that outro. It turned out good.  Comparing the outro to a Blooby-like jam is a high honour in my books, thanks Nigel.  Rock on everybody, rock on.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

I love it Dave and TAFKaK. Great piece of music, fun to listen to, and I love being mentioned in a song. I really dig that add on section at the end Dave. That organ was a great idea. Nice noodling to accompany it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Had a few listens now, and it keeps getting better.
Great work BB, love the keyboard work in there, and all the things everyone has mentioned.

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Jim1970

ALL I can say is WOW WEEEEE!!!!!!
AWESOME COLLAB GUYS!!!
WOW Dave you are on Fire!!  Love it!
This kicks SERIOUS ASSSS!!!
I am inspired to pick up my guitar to see what I come up with now. Love the Tempo Change at the End with some Down and Dirty Blues Playin WAHLISIOUS!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I finally have time to comment on this gem.

Its hard to come up with something original to what everyone has said already but this is just an overly extraordinary collaboration.

What Ken came up with is just superb music as always.That intro going into the rocking beats is just amazing and the lyrics and verse melodies you created here Dave are just losfer words awesome!!

To write about this forum and the great people on here is always a good subject and you nailed everything that goes with this site.

This song is a piepod keeper!! Love it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

MeanGreenLizard

Can blue men sing the whites?

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Great East-coast/West-coast collab guys. I don't remember hearing this before. I must have missed it. So thanks for the Bluesberry Bump.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website