ComedyFest - I Wanna Play My Guitar - Grout Mask Replica Bass Mix

Started by Ferryman, October 30, 2010, 11:15:52 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: Gritter on October 30, 2010, 01:43:29 PMThis sounds fantastic....great mix. I hope you don't mind me asking but what is a bass patch?

It's one of the effects patches on the BR 800. Ted, I'm afraid I have probably forsaken the B2 because the bass effects on the BR 800 are really, really good. This is a slap bass effect on the BR 800 which has a bit of wah on it to give that "talking" effect. I played it with fingers rather than slapping and boosted the bass to give it a heavier bottom end (got some Wobble in). The BR 800 has probably replaced both of my Zoom effects pedals (guitar and bass) - can't see me using them much any more.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Gritter on October 30, 2010, 01:43:29 PMI hope you don't mind me asking but what is a bass patch?

I think it's something that bass addicts stick on their arm to help them kick the habit so they can enjoy the full range of audio frequencies equally.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 30, 2010, 02:01:45 PM
Quote from: Gritter on October 30, 2010, 01:43:29 PMI hope you don't mind me asking but what is a bass patch?

I think it's something that bass addicts stick on their arm to help them kick the habit so they can enjoy the full range of audio frequencies equally.

This guy is wearing one

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 30, 2010, 02:01:45 PMI think it's something that bass addicts stick on their arm to help them kick the habit so they can enjoy the full range of audio frequencies equally.

Touche! You can never have tooooo much bass, surely?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman on October 30, 2010, 02:20:45 PMTouche! You can never have tooooo much bass, surely?

When I hear some of the kids driving around with their car stereos blaring out a dreadful "Boom - thump - boom boom - thump", I think that's way too much bass.

And don't call me Shirley!  ;) :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

I forgot to say that the bass in this song is great! Nice job with the mixing too. I prefer this version to the original. It needed the bass.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Just listened to this again (appropriately) while vacuuming the carpet. That means (a) of course, that it's already on the PiePod, and (b) that I am sacrificing time with my guitar for my dear wife.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

des0free

Excellent all around.  Swirling vocals and bass set a neat mood to envelop my ears.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

This is Soooo Impresive it has lost the comedy value for me!

I Just Listen in awe to this!!!!!

Stunning Gents!!

Love it to bits!!!!!!!!!!!

The track is as tight as hell!!! Timings are spot on!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy