Youtube trouble

Started by jackofall, October 28, 2010, 06:01:52 AM

jackofall

I know someone will know this.....I used my camera to put a couple of uke tunes on youtube a while ago. some time later, I tried to do it again, but this time, there was no sound on the uploaded video. I re-did it several times with the same problem. Same camera, same procedure, no sound? Why would this happen, anyone? Thanks
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jackofall

I am grateful for the info and eagerly went through the instructions carefully. And finally, having done everything, I uploaded the video again and....it didn't have any bloody, sodding sound!!!!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Flash Harry

Lol!

That's technology for you. Stick to the strings and wooden box.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

You are sure you haven't turned down or muted the volume on the youtube player ? As far as I can recall, it remembers the volume settings between sessions.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Do you run it through Windows Movie maker first?

If so, check the audio settings on that...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

jackofall

I have two other videos on youtube and they are both fine, so I haven't muted or turned down the sound on Youtube. It also plays fine on windows media player with sound, and the volume turned up, no problems. I've tried about 5 times now, just repeating exactly what I did wit the other videos and there's never any sound. It feels like a conspiracy!     

64Guitars

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the file and select Properties. Select the Summary tab, then click the Advanced button. Do the same with the older (working) files and compare the results to determine what's different about the new files that aren't working on YouTube. Maybe you used a different sample rate this time and YouTube doesn't like it. Something must be different. Hopefully, the file properties will show you what it is. You might also be able to view the properties in Windows Media Player. Or, for more detailed info about your files, download and install the free GSpot codec information appliance. http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W