burt bacharach at the bbc electric proms

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 24, 2008, 01:51:02 PM

Oldrottenhead

watched this show last night burt bacharach at the bbc electric proms at the roundhouse theatre london.

just one word awesome. naw two words ####ing awseome
check it out on the bbc iplayer
here is the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00f8l8l/Electric_Proms_2008_Burt_Bacharach/

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Any songwriter should revere this man. Genius in the truest sense  :)

Thanks for posting that ORH, because I missed it on the box...

ronhh

So I'm not crazy...this man is probably one of the most talented song writers to ever grace the planet?  Also, while I'm baring my soul, I think Dionne Warwick, Glen Campbell, and Dusty Springfield were brilliant interpreters of B.B.'s songs.  I just bought Glen Campbell's new CD "Meet Glen Campbell" which is full of his covers of other artists' songs.  It is BRILLIANT.

Ronnie
"Honest honey, this is the last guitar I'll ever buy"

Greeny

Quote from: ronhh on November 04, 2008, 07:42:36 PMSo I'm not crazy...this man is probably one of the most talented song writers to ever grace the planet?  Also, while I'm baring my soul, I think Dionne Warwick, Glen Campbell, and Dusty Springfield were brilliant interpreters of B.B.'s songs.  I just bought Glen Campbell's new CD "Meet Glen Campbell" which is full of his covers of other artists' songs.  It is BRILLIANT.

Ronnie

No... you definitely aren't alone!

I'm also a huge Glen Campbell fan - no matter whose song he's singing. He's such an awesome guitarist too. It's his versions of Jimmy Webb's 'By the Time I get to Phoenix' and 'Wichita Lineman' which really get me. I look to the latter as my inspirational (and probably non-attainable) benchmark for songwriting. Fancy doing a cover of one of them with me?!  :)

And for sheer enjoyment, I love his song 'Southern Nights'.

Haven't got the new album yet, but saw him performing some of it live on TV a week or so ago. It was great.