who is Alex Trebek?

Started by beleg, October 24, 2008, 10:18:41 AM

beleg

who is Alex Trebek
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is a song I did a number of years ago, pre Micro BR. The whole song was done inside reason v2.   I was thinking about trying to re-record it with the micro BR  to try and get rid of the plastic/midi feel that it currently has, but I am looking for some suggestions/feedback first. Thanks.

Flash Harry

I think that re-doing it with real instruments would be a good start. I know what you mean about the midi feel. It's so clinical, no swing or deviation from the absolute timing. It's all at a constant volume, no slight variation in a attack that you get from plucking a string or hitting a key, so no 'feel' or 'soul' or expression.

It's a bit meandering, which could be down to the bland midi-ness of it, but a bit more punch and a bit more focus would sort this out.

I can see this as a bit of chilled out Cafe Jazz, but get ORH onto the lyrics, and you could get a spiky centre to a smooth exterior.

Get it done!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

I like the big piano chords on this, and the bass works as a nice counterpoint. But as flashharry says, it needs something 'organic' to bring it to life. A bit of guitar would help - maybe some acoustic strumming to underpin it all. It has a nice jazzy feel to it though. I can see ORH doing the business with some vocals, and Prive could take this into another dimension entirely. Not to mention all the great guitarists on here (not me!) who could add some human depth to it all.

Greeny

... and it would be funny to do a warped version of the Jeopardy theme tune on the fade out!  :D

Bluesberry

With real instruments, some nice soaring lead guitar, and cosmic angst lyrics you would have a real Pink Floyd thing going on with this IMHO.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand