"Cleanup Man" by Ted (featuring Tony W)

Started by Ted, October 24, 2010, 04:42:08 PM

Ted

I'm gonna masterbump, cause I'm just so satisfied with this song. There, I admitted it.

The honest truth is that I wrote this song very quickly with the expectation that it would be kind of mediocre, but at least I'd be actively recording again. My invitation to Tony was something like, "Wanna put some guitar on a throwaway turd of a song?"  When Tony agreed (having not even heard my mono demo), I realized that I should try to make it worth his time.  And then a series of happy accidents ensued.

I'm glad people seem to like it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tangled Wires

Exceptional song and agree with others about that bass, its unbelievably good.

The song is brilliantly structured and creates some great dynamics.

Tony's additions slot in perfectly, and some mighty fine playing going on there too

Production is crystal clear..sounds perfect.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Wow, I really, really loved this.  Great production and the slinkiest bass I've heard in a while.

Downloaded for further consumption.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on October 29, 2010, 10:03:09 AMThe honest truth is that I wrote this song very quickly with the expectation that it would be kind of mediocre, but at least I'd be actively recording again. My invitation to Tony was something like, "Wanna put some guitar on a throwaway turd of a song?"  When Tony agreed (having not even heard my mono demo), I realized that I should try to make it worth his time.  And then a series of happy accidents ensued.
Thats the way it works sometimes.  It sounds like you were visited by sweet inspiration...it comes when you least expect it doesn't it...and then the results are more than originally expecting.  Thats what I really like about making songs, the inspiration that sweeps you up and those "happy accidents" that go with it.  And you ended up with a very strong wonderful song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Really cool song & lyrics Ted, i really like the driving bass line and well thought-out transitions!   Also dig Tony's guitar work and 'special' reverse-echo fx there, really cool!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Hey just caught this one what a great listen, don,t hear enough of your stuff, great gueetar by Tony too, quailty.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Woohoo! A baitless bump from obscurity! Thank you damian!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Quote from: Ted on November 09, 2010, 07:11:57 AMWoohoo! A baitless bump from obscurity!
Don't ya just love those !!!

Had another listen .... still good !!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........