"Cleanup Man" by Ted (featuring Tony W)

Started by Ted, October 24, 2010, 04:42:08 PM

Redler

Welcome back Ted! There's a killer melody on this and your voice sounds real good. Fine, clear production, too. And Tony, fantastic additions...!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Brilliant Ted, just brilliant! Love that bass, but of course that's to be expected. Lovely fretless-ish sound. The production is fabulous, love the vox and the Cuisinart on Tony's guitar, which fits really well, you did a great job. It's a great song as well, really excellent feel and hooky little vox, and nice and different. You're in Henwrench territory here, it sounds a bit like Wilco meets the Kinks.

BTW, do check out Wilco, I took Dave's advice and really enjoyed them.

Good to see you back posting such stellar music, although it's a slight pity there are no screaming nine year old girls.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: Ferryman on October 25, 2010, 02:01:06 AMYou're in Henwrench territory here...

Only much better!! Frickin' love this tune, what an opening line, brilliant. Ace lead work, sounds great, top song, proper job me 'ansome. When's the album out? Put my name on the list.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lectric

OUTSTANDING!!!!!. Right to the top of the list on my I-Pod. Those lyrics are so much fun. That bass could be a song by itself. Vox and lead guitar WOW. I am with Henwrench, put my name on the list for the album.....Ted
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

cuthbert

Been busy with some things at home, so I'm getting to this a bit late....

Excellent song, Ted! Really love the production you've done here, and the kind of jazzy feel to it all (it swings). Vox and lyrics are terrific. What's an HOA? And that bass is totally knockout! Tony's guitar sounds perfect, from straight to Audition sweetening. Did I mention I love the production? Stellar!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

HOA = Home Owners Association. I don't think I could live somewhere with an HOA.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

This is a great comeback song. I love that bass!

Regards,
  Steffen

T.C. Elliott

I'm really enjoying this one. It's a good song, with a good lyric. Nice feel to it. And the added guitars work very well.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Gu Djin

Enjoyed this - All round a very "clean" production.  Words are keen and the guitar picking very fitting.

All in all - BGS  (Bloody Good Stuff)

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

henwrench

Listened again. I really don't like you.*

henwrench

* you know I do. Just I feel I gotta spell things out sometimes, 'case some fucker thinks I is serious.
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR