"Dogs Love Fun"

Started by musicsongwriter, October 22, 2010, 03:00:47 PM

musicsongwriter

Another happy piece, I don't have very many but occasionally I feel in the mood to compose something happy for a change. I don't have a dog but I often watch them while they are playing in the park or going back home with their owners so here is my little piano piece about dogs having fun.

"Dogs Love Fun" © 2010 by Nadia Cripps (music, piano), composed during 50/90.

AndyR

Wow. I'm not a big fan of dogs, but that really did make me think of dogs running in the park.

Do you have pictures running in your head when you're writing? Listening to this (and Autumn, only two I've listened to so far) I can see how that might be a way of doing things. I'm not sure what's going through my head when I write, sound mainly, but emotions and stuff. But listening to yours I've just realised there might be another way :)

And I love how you use chords and harmony. The melodies just jump in and out of it.

(And, by the way, I've also just spent a very long day overdubbing with a keyboard - I'm a guitarist - so I'm quite jealous of your piano playing :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SwanSong

Nadia . really nice sound im goin to download this . and work wiith adding more
orchrestral type sound . by chance did u save the chords or know them . or
at least know what key . great song. and im also going to remix it  for u
as i felt it can have a better sound quality . either way great stuff and my jack
russel loved the song also  thanks for sharin . MUSIC HAS NO BOUNDRIES.!

musicsongwriter

Thank you Andy. Well, I don't play any other instrument, I'd love to play guitar but I can't understand even the basics - guitar tabs.
Nadia

Groundy

Nice playing Nadia, and very good songwriting, well done......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Very nice playing, Nadia! This could be from an old movie! An instrumental tune with a lots of joy - fine song. And welcome to the site!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

I always immediately see pictures from a silent movie when I hear your piano compositions.

Very nice again. A little short though ...

Regards,
  Steffen

OsCKilO

This has a sound which lets your mind wonder away with the music.

Superb!

Quote from: SwanSong on October 22, 2010, 05:39:08 PMreally nice sound im goin to download this . and work wiith adding more
orchrestral type sound . by chance did u save the chords or know them . or
at least know what key . great song. and im also going to remix it  for u
as i felt it can have a better sound quality . either way great stuff and my jack
russel loved the song also  thanks for sharin . MUSIC HAS NO BOUNDRIES.!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

fenderbender

nice old fashioned sounding film score
can just picture all the old B&W grainy film in the background

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

musicsongwriter

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments, Steffen, Kari, Andy, Alex :)

Many of my pieces are old-fathioned, nostalgic, suitable for black and white films.

Not every piece I compose is suitable for adding the sounds to so I don't think it's a good idea to try on every piece I submit Neil.

LOL OsCKilO, your picture and writing made me laugh.

Nadia