Baby Has A Good Time Anyway - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, October 22, 2010, 01:28:13 PM

Ferryman

I nearly missed it! Andy sneaked a song on the site while I was on my trip! Really enjoyed this, another gem. It's got a classic rock feel but the treatment is still quite unique, the orchestral feel and lack of percussion makes it sound quite special. The guitar parts are very clever and fit together so well, and the orchestral accompaniment is very subtle (some strings and stuff going on?). The vox are wonderful, your voice cuts so clearly through the mix and the harmonies are truly wonderful. i love the fade out at the end with the repeated harmonies.

The production? Well, what can I say except another example of what we should aspire to reach. More inspiration that just spurs us on. Stunning work, just stunning.

"No need for knickers or a man" - did I hear that right? A classic line if ever there was one!!! Update: Just read the post above and went to Soundclick, love the lyrics. Watering the pavement, some great imagery there......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

I listened to half of this yesterday, realized that I was distracted with work, and couldn't give it the full attention that it deserves.

Today I set myself up with ample time to listen, because I knew I wouldn't take it in in a single take. 3 listens, and I'm still taking it in. Huge huge song. One thing is for absolute certainty When Andy posts a song, its going to be complete.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Damn! There is so much going on in here! Everything is placed just right! Definitely concur with the 70's vibe going on here. One of my favorites of yours for sure!

AndyR

You guys have absolutely no idea how hard I tried to put percussion on this thing :D

I still haven't bothered to look into the BR1600's rhythm stuff. So this was (again) recorded with no click or anything. I wasn't really expecting the acoustics and vocal to be the basis for the final recording. Unfortunately I experimented with chorus backing vocals and they felt so right that I was scared of having to do them again on a synchronised version.

So I started scratching my head about how to actually arrange the thing... Me and the missus even took a trip to the music shops the other week - I now own shakers and kabasahs and tambourines and drum sticks to hit stuff with... But before I attempted it I got my old "toy" keyboard out and started fiddling with synth pads and strings and wotnot... and it all just kind of happened.

And then I wasted 3 hours trying to track percussion which was what I'd originally intended. Could I make it work? Nope. (Guitarists just cannot hit things in time it seems ::) - I think I've said this before...)

Luckily, I managed to see the light - the "percussion" is already in the parts that are there already. So I managed to back off without feeling defeated...

It's odd, it just felt like a "job well done" when I posted it, but I have to admit it's become one of my favourites as well - I think some of that might be down to the reception it's had on here. Many thanks :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chip withrow

I saw that you would take Allman Bros to a desert island, and I had to listen to one of your songs!
Great vocals, both backing and lead. Trippy, with Blood Sweat and Tears jazziness. Stinging guitar work. This would fit in nicely on Derek and the Dominoes' Layla - it's trippy, orchestral and bluesy. Good, good stuff!

SwanSong

hi , agree with all comments. really fine peice. of work and original
u have done this superbly in all ways great great great thumbs up
happy holidays NEIL

OsCKilO

I Nearly missed this!!!

From the first "At a Bus Stop by the broadwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" I just thought this is Freaking Amazing!

Everything is right about this song.

And the performance is Stellar! Every word is punched in to perfection !

It is Like a lost classic that I have just had the good fortune to hear.
I find myself saying that alot about the songs on this site as of late...

I'm going for another listen

Peace

Tharek
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

I am Loving this vocal!!!

It is like a cross between Cat Stevens, Doobie Gray, Jack Black and Axle Rose!

I love the line "No need for knickers or a man!"

Downloaded!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Yes this is great, flipping great.  Recorded on a stand-alone machine too.  Sounds pro to me.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Those vocals are pro without recording methods...This rules Andy!! Awesome song and Br production!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity