Musical moment of bliss

Started by Gritter, October 22, 2010, 12:58:29 AM

Gritter

This is from my favourite concert film of all time, Stop Making Sense. At 2:50 of this song Bernie Worrell (keyboards) and Alex Weir (guitar) do a little lead run together. Then as Alex looks back at Bernie, Bernie does a little funky dance. Alex's reaction is pure music bliss. One of the best moments of any concert film ever and very easy to miss...that visual communication between the two musicians is what playing in a band is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqg_ZGcuybs

Oldrottenhead

brilliant mr clifton, one of my fave live music films up there with big time. and probably the two best movies that feature lampshades.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Such a deadly creative band.  Not too often do bands like this come along.  That is the sound of pure musical joy right there.  I love the lamp dance at the end and the look on David Byrne's face when the dance is finished, he is almost like overjoyed that he didn't drop the lamp.

Thank you Mr Clifton, sir, for this wonderful moment on my friday morning.  Who the hell is this Gritter fellow going around impersonating you anyway?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Yup, yup...well somethin ya probably don't know...back den in college, I ahh worked on da whole lampshade concept wit David. Yup...here were are - me (Tony Clifton) on da far left and ahhh David Byrne wit ah da lampshade on-his-head!

*Deez adda bums wanted to go wit safari hats!...Whatta bunch of a-holes!

Oldrottenhead

nice handkerchief  and is that kenny everett at the front
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I look at that picture and I reminisce, remember my olden days, times like these, I can almost smell the burnt rubber smell from a far-off memory cell, and I say to myself..............................
  ..........   ..................  
                                               ...if thats a party, where the hell are the girls?!?!?!? unless that dude behind lampshade david fulfills that role, kinda looks like the lead singer/guitarist from that Classic West coast band "Grapes of Wrath"

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

the sense of of smell is the sense most associated with mammaries
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

This is the most amazing slice of music I have ever seen...

You showed me this gritts...

Such emotion...

What is the point of singing otherwise...

utterly amazing...

Shaped me in form but not style......

I'm in debt....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMBTuSQycA
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

This is also my fave concert film of all time. Brilliant moment, but I have to say that Girlfriend is Better!!!!!

Tharek, take a look at this and worship the music AND the suit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Ro_wPGIU

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR