hurry murray

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 20, 2008, 07:30:31 AM

Oldrottenhead

166. hurry murray
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this song is first solo thing ive done in ages, seem to be collaborating all over the place mainly vocals and lyrics, but this morning i got the guitar out, and no muse around i thought what can i do with just 1 chord. so began my experiment in minimalism, but wait i messed with effects kept recording me playing the same thing and just layering and layering, not like a nice cake but more like a stodgy lasagne, had a rock drumloop happening but then changed its kit to a hip hop one, then after watching bbcs story of the guitar and seeing a spanish flamenco guitarist, i started clapping, via onboard mic but with ef pan effect to have it bounce round the stereo mix, then came a nonsensical lyric vocal, song is called hurry murray, and no i dont know what its about all explanations/interpretations of it  will be helpful

so here it is

here are the lyrics .lol

hurry murray there's a man on fire
put his finger on electric wire
baby baby can you please come hear
wanna whisper nothing in your ear

what's the point in common sense
the quantum heaves a sigh
probability or luck
the theory gets too high

many you're talking way above my head
every syllable i ever read
they have the contents on the packets now
e140's gone organic wow

probability or luck
the theory gets too high
i wonder where we're gonna go
when it's our turn to die
will anybody spot we've gone
will anybody cry

donkey kong or super mario
betamax with 3d stereo
catch me catch me fore i have a fall
keep your eye on every single ball
probability or luck
the theory gets too high
i wonder where we're gonna go
when it's our turn to die
will anybody spot we've gone
will anybody cry

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

F*cking brilliant. Weird, wonderful and hypnotic. There are so many things resonating in there - a bit of Roxy Music, some Echo and the Bunnymen, all sorts of late seventies punk and new wave.

Lyrical interpretation? Er... definitely an existential howl of anguish;  our lives as obsolete as a Betamax video. Touch of atheism in there too. Probably. :D

Nice one Jim.

Oldrottenhead

cheers tim,      re your interpretation on the lyrics , it was all stream of thought, ie i rambled out the first thing to come to mind not letting my brain/pride, modesty etc edit or censor what comes out, so maybe my subconscious is a lot darker than i thought, and i am not the well rounded human being i thought i was lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

I dont know what its about either, but very cool minimalistic vibe you have going here!

Oldrottenhead

posted it at the bunkbeds site heres the song link.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6990505
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

RevHeadRaZ

Nice one, love the stereo claps!

U should do a stereo panning delay of the "hurray murray" at the end of the song.
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

RevHeadRaZ

Do u use on board mic for your vocals?
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

Oldrottenhead

on board mic for vocals and handclaps.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 20, 2008, 10:53:33 AMcheers tim,      re your interpretation on the lyrics , it was all stream of thought, ie i rambled out the first thing to come to mind not letting my brain/pride, modesty etc edit or censor what comes out, so maybe my subconscious is a lot darker than i thought, and i am not the well rounded human being i thought i was lol.

Spontaneity is a great thing  :)

Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs were all for it. And Burroughs took it to the extreme with his cut-up technique of pasting random sentences together to create spontaneous prose and poetry. Oops - it's me who's rambling on!

Flash Harry

I like this. There's a bit of Cockney Rebel and possibly some Bill Nelson in it. Another one for the PiePod.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.