Stratocaster or telecaster copy?

Started by tom r, October 12, 2010, 11:40:47 AM

T.C. Elliott

Actually, neck is what drew me to my MIM strat instead of the Standard I was gonna buy. It fit like a glove. And I can't do maple even though I think it looks better that rosewood on a large number of guitars. Just can't play the damn things. I bet it's mostly mental, but there it is.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

henwrench

At the end of the day.............

you might want an SG. Epiphone or Gibson?

who gives a fuck?  The music loving public don't. Give 'em a song they love and you'll be loved forever. The End. ( I mean it, maaaaaaann)  And what the fuck do I know??

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 31, 2010, 06:50:25 AMInteresting theory Nigel...

Like many theories, it actually doesn't stand up to close investigation. Strummer was a Tele man, although the greatest guitarist of the punk era IMO (Brian James of the Damned) used an SG on early recordings and a Tele later. And of course Steve Jones was a Les Paul man.

So as Henny rather correctly pointed out, the record buying public don't care about what the guitar is, it's what you do with it that counts.... Just get one that you like playing would be my advice. You can get very reasonable guitars to suit all budgets these days.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

Here here Ferryman et al. My original posting was not about which is the best guitar it was about getting a good priced Tele or Strat. As i've tried some moer recently i've realised how much i miss playing a Tele. I love the simplicity of them and the way they feel to play. The sound i make with them **"!!###@@@ well thats another story :-)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Bluesberry

Quote from: tom r on November 01, 2010, 04:34:46 AMAs i've tried some moer recently i've realised how much i miss playing a Tele. I love the simplicity of them and the way they feel to play.
That was exactly my experience when I finally got myself a Tele, the simplicity of the thing really appealed to me, and the feel.  A very comfortable guitar I found.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

I need to get my tele out of the closet and play it some, its been too long (at least a month)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tom r

One day to go and i will probably be the owner of a Fender Baja Telecaster :-)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Bluesberry

Nice Tom, you will love it I am sure.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Are the shops open? have you got it yet? :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

tom r

Hi Andy
i'm going over to try it tonight after work :-)
Its a private sale, the guy informs me it is in mint condition. cant wait

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound