Vote for the Nov/Dec "Theme" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 11, 2010, 07:43:24 PM

64Guitars

As I mentioned in the "Festival idea?" topic, we've decided to have two concurrent festivals. One will be an artist festival where we cover songs by the artist whom we choose in a vote. And the other will be a theme festival where we vote on a favourite theme or genre and record songs (covers or originals, if appropriate) relevant to the theme. We've already chosen the next artist festival (Bob Dylan). In this poll, we'll choose the next theme festival. Like DylanFest, the theme festival will start October 17th and run till December 31.

Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on October 16th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

By the way, "Off the Beaten Track" means we'd cover obscure songs that never charted or are not well known. These could be by bands that didn't make it very big outside of their local area, so their songs wouldn't be known by most of our members. Or, they could be songs by popular bands that didn't make it onto their regular albums or singles (outtakes, bootlegs, B-sides, songs they only ever played live, etc). Or just about anything by a one-hit wonder except their one hit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gu Djin

Til I read your description of "off the beaten track" I thought I was really in with that one.  You could have been describing my music perfectly, but unfortunately you weren't!  So I've plumped for a bit of electronica, with no guitars.  Me, no guitars!  No guitars?

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Kenneth

Comedy/ novelty!!! Let's share some laughs and have a good time!!!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

Quote from: Kenneth on October 12, 2010, 10:51:30 AMComedy/ novelty!!! Let's share some laughs and have a good time!!!
yes, and for Gnasty, lets do it!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

off the beaten track sounds really cool, maybe I'll change my vote :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

One thinng ... if the number of voters continues to be low, maybe the idea of three votes per member should be revisited ........

COME ON PEOPLE :
VOTE
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

i had off the beaten track but i changed it tactically but am willing to change back, come on bb daniel johnson falls into that category.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 12, 2010, 01:50:46 PMcome on bb daniel johnson falls into that category.
Thats incentive for sure!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

put mine basck up come on guys think of all the weird shit we can do with off the beaten track
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann