AC DC tickets

Started by ianjm, October 18, 2008, 07:54:08 PM

ianjm

Just tried to get tickets for AC DC in manchester, what a joke.
Constant phoning as well as trying to buy on the net and still no joy.
Alas I gave up and yes you guessed it, what turns up on ebay for £245 a ticket (£40 face value).

I think the whole thing wants shaking up to stop these parasites. If Metallica can do it by printing your details on the ticket to stop you selling them then I think everyone should.  That way true fans would not get ripped off by these moneygrabbers.

Does anyone else agree.

Sorry for sounding bitter and twisted, ITS BECAUSE I AM  lol

Mudhut

They are only playing 4 uk dates ! You would also think that Brian would wanna play Newcastle.
 Big gigs just seam like a rip off these days. How come http://www.bookmetickets.com/ac-dc.html have tickets for £145.00 each  >:(
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Greeny

Quote from: Mudhut on October 19, 2008, 02:00:47 AMThey are only playing 4 uk dates ! You would also think that Brian would wanna play Newcastle.
 Big gigs just seam like a rip off these days. How come http://www.bookmetickets.com/ac-dc.html have tickets for £145.00 each  >:(

As well as being a rip-off price-wise, I hate the fact that certain bands would rather pack enormous venues for a one or two nights only rather than playing more gigs in smaller, fan-friendly ones. All the best gigs I've been to are in small venues like the Astoria and Forum in London, where you can actually see / 'feel' the band. You don't get to be ten feet away from Echo and the Bunnymen doing 'The Cutter' (with the accompanying shivers up your spine) in the O2 arena!

Mudhut

I use to love the Hammersmith Odeon and the Rainbow Theatre, happy days  :)
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Greeny

I was thinking about this earlier on the bus. It occurred to me that these mega-bands are (mostly) only happy to play a few shows here and there these days, always at enormous venues, and always at stupid ticket prices. It makes you think they don't actually enjoy playing live - which means they must be doing it for the MONEY rather than the music.

I'd still like to see ACDC though!  :)

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on October 22, 2008, 02:23:12 AMI was thinking about this earlier on the bus. It occurred to me that these mega-bands are (mostly) only happy to play a few shows here and there these days, always at enormous venues, and always at stupid ticket prices. It makes you think they don't actually enjoy playing live - which means they must be doing it for the MONEY rather than the music.

I'd still like to see ACDC though!  :)

Damn right, they're doing it for the money!! The pay off for some of these gigs is fuckin' astronomical. More money than that potato headed 'chav' Wayne Rooney could ever imagine. But in a lot of these cases, maybe they've earnt the right? How many times can ACDC play Back In Black or Highway To Hell, and still make it exciting? Or Sabbath doing War Pigs or Iron Man? blah blah blah... How much would the 'world' pay to see/hear Lennon play I Am The Walrus? (Stupid question, I know)

henwrench

I've seen ACDC and Sabbath more than once....that says it all...
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

I've seen Ac/dc 4 times in all back in the 80's at Castle Doddington and at Leicester demonfort and a couple of other smaller venues over the following decade and I agree with Tim it's much better to see them in a more intimate place like leicester. why is it they only play the large anonymous venues you may as well watch the video with headphones because thats all your watching when you go to these huge arenas...mind you saying that the greedy Bastards are F&;:/-,&g good live....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

henwrench

Quote from: thetworegs on August 09, 2012, 06:06:57 PM...mind you saying that the greedy Bastards are F&;:/-,&g good live....

i don't think they are greedy at all. they've earnt the right. it's all the other fuckers who take all the money. they are the greedy ones. agents, labels, promoters, pluggers, blah, blah, blah....

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on August 09, 2012, 06:12:01 PMi don't think they are greedy at all. they've earnt the right. it's all the other fuckers who take all the money. they are the greedy ones. agents, labels, promoters, pluggers, blah, blah, blah....

Exactly. If the majority of the money from concerts was going to the band, ticket prices would be a hell of a lot cheaper. The band's cut is only a fraction of the total revenue. I'm sure they do alright, but their cut doesn't come anywhere close to justifying the ticket prices. It's all those other greedy bastards that are causing the ridiculous prices. I refuse to pay it. I don't mind supporting musicians but I won't support the filthy business swines behind them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 09, 2012, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: henwrench on August 09, 2012, 06:12:01 PMi don't think they are greedy at all. they've earnt the right. it's all the other fuckers who take all the money. they are the greedy ones. agents, labels, promoters, pluggers, blah, blah, blah....

Exactly. If the majority of the money from concerts was going to the band, ticket prices would be a hell of a lot cheaper. The band's cut is only a fraction of the total revenue. I'm sure they do alright, but their cut doesn't come anywhere close to justifying the ticket prices. It's all those other greedy bastards that are causing the ridiculous prices. I refuse to pay it. I don't mind supporting musicians but I won't support the filthy business swines behind them.

Yea, you tell 'em, 64.... :) ;). Now, when are you gonna own up to being a member of Grand Funk Railroad?

recorder
Boss Micro BR