Sheep On The Driveway (instrumental fun piece)

Started by stoman, October 09, 2010, 12:23:31 PM

stoman

One day I went home from work, good-humored, and the street was blocked by a herd of sheep. They seemed to have all the time of the world while they were crossing the street like an Egyptian caravan of camels crossing the desert.

Back home I felt inspired to do this little instrumental song. The song is a couple of years old, but I polished the mix a little bit this year, hence the file date. It still does not sound perfect, but I think it has that old-fashioned sound that I often want to achieve with my songs. Especially the cheap sounding synth drums do support that impression IMO.

You mileage may vary.

Feel free to comment - if you like it or not. :)

Stoman - Sheep On The Driveway

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Regards,
  Steffen

Facemask93

Hey man , you've got a great sound going on here with so many different flavours , i like this lots , very well produced also , nice one

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

OsCKilO

This reminds me of the music that used  to be played on the Old Sega MegaDrive games I used to play as a kid!

Instantly puts a smile on your face, and I am gripped due to the nostalgia factor!

Love it!

Peace

T
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Johnbee

Quite fun and entertaining.  Well done.  Sounds like it could be used in a humorous commercial.
 :) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

cuthbert

I like this very much, Steffen - reminds me a bit of Kraftwerk or Gary Numan, but with a bit more whimsy. Very catchy!

One of these days, we're going to have an Electronicfest!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Nelson

Great story behind a fun song.

Well Done.

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

stoman

Thanks, guys - I wasn't sure if this song would catch on. My Godson does like it though. ;)

Regards,
  Steffen

Redler

Ha, great fun Steffen!! Reminded me of a PC game music as well... Fine job!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

recorder