Live music spot in Dublin?

Started by flyon90, October 06, 2010, 05:47:40 AM

flyon90

Hi, I am an american student involved in a study abroad program through my college and me and a couple of other american students are going to Dublin this weekend and I wanted to know if anybody on here knows of any good spots for live rock or trad music.  I know this site has people from all over so I hope someone knows a bit about the area. :)

Flash Harry

I've heard that the area around Temple Bar is pretty good for that.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gringo

Dublin is not a place you would want to go. The beer is black and expensive.
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER

flyon90

Well Gringo some of us like our beer dark  :D the booze does tend to be pretty expensive over here.  Thanks Flash I had heard about the Temple bar district and the hostile we're staying at is pretty close I think.

Geir

If you want expensive beer, you can as MET where to go ::)

The beer in Dublin is NOT expensive (at least with Viking money :D )

Black is good ... no matter what that Gringo says !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Quote from: flyon90 on October 07, 2010, 04:38:44 AMWell Gringo some of us like our beer dark  :D the booze does tend to be pretty expensive over here.  Thanks Flash I had heard about the Temple bar district and the hostile we're staying at is pretty close I think.

The strange thing is that I will be driving from Dun Laoghaire to Dingle on Saturday afternoon. It's a shame I didn't  have more notice, I could have stopped in Dublin for a pint with you.

And yes, the black beer is wonderful.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

flyon90

Yeah that's too bad Flash, but I'm in Ireland until Christmas so maybe another day.  It might be cheap for you with your Viking money Geir but the exchange rate isn't so good for the American Dollar right now  :D

flyon90

Just got back from Dublin, went to the Temple bar area and saw several live acts.  They were pretty good, the area had alot of tourists but that was expected.  Everything was standing room only but I guess that was expected too  :D  Dublin was great I am definitely coming back sometime soon.