New Songcrafters.org feature - "On This Day"

Started by 64Guitars, October 04, 2010, 08:48:31 PM

Tony W

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 07, 2010, 04:03:08 PMgreat idea 64, i have one concern tho, that we get so caught up in listening to the latest tunes we forget to post comments.
That's a scary lack of focus Jim!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I think, once people get used to it, they'll remember to click the comment button. It's probably best to click it as soon a song starts playing. That way, you can read the other replies while you're listening, then post your own reply. It might also be a good idea to enable repeat mode in case the song ends while you're reading/commenting. Then, when you've finished your comment, you can click the next song title to start it playing.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

I love both of these new jukeboxes.  They have become essential viewing for me now.  The "on this day" is unearthing wonderful blasts from the past, its like we have a built in b=BUMP feature now,  and the latest songs is really great, so good to see all songs posted over the last couple of days in one list like that.  So much easier to see if I have listened to something yet or not.  Wonderful additions to this wonderful site 64G.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Why is it the "on this day" feature has an ORH song in the list everyday.  I swear every day I look there he is, the ORH his-self.  I think you have a song posted on every day of the year Jim.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

not posted any today yet. lol. a very rare occurrence that it's a solo song today on the player most are collabs, so not really all oldrottenhead songs.  but i get the easy bit to do , come up with the words.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 22, 2010, 06:00:55 AMWhy is it the "on this day" feature has an ORH song in the list everyday.  I swear every day I look there he is, the ORH his-self.  I think you have a song posted on every day of the year Jim.

Not every day. More like every other day.

Oldrottenhead has been a member of Songcrafters (microrecorders.org then) since Dec 17, 2007. That's a total of 1,040 days. In that time, he has uploaded 508 songs. So, on average, he has uploaded one song every 2.047 days.

Not to take away from that accomplishment, but I think it's fair to say that most of those songs were collaborations started by another member, to which oldrottenhead added his great vocals and posted the final mix. So it's not as though he's hogging the spotlight or anything like that. It's just that singers are in short supply here and oldrottenhead is always willing to help us out by adding vocals to our recordings. Where would we be without him? I think most of the songs here would be instrumentals if not for oldrottenhead.

So thanks, Jim! I look forward to hearing the next 500 songs, and more.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

64G: These new jukeboxes are great!  I've noticed that on my member jukebox, it plays a bunch of non-song files (#'s 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, and 26 in the jukebox) that I uploaded as part of how-to threads (i.e. not in the "Post Your Work" area).

Maybe this only affects me.  But if not, there ought to be a way to filter these out and only present songs that are in the "Post Your Work" area.

It's kind of pathetic that 10 of my paltry 26 MP3s (38%) aren't actual songs.  Gotta fix that too.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

I have the same problem with my own playlist, Ted. Out of 27 songs, only 6 belong there. It's something that I've wanted to fix ever since Pedro introduced the "Play all my songs" feature.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5425.msg67530#msg67530

I'm planning to add a checkbox in each song post to "Exclude this song from playlists". It sounds simple but there's actually quite a lot involved in making it work, so it may be some time before it happens.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website