New Songcrafters.org feature - "On This Day"

Started by 64Guitars, October 04, 2010, 08:48:31 PM

64Guitars

Here's the Latest Songs jukebox:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=LatestSongs

The shuffle play feature doesn't seem to work at the moment. I'll try to fix that later. But Nigel will be happy to know that repeat works.

Now I have to find a convenient spot to put a link to it. The page header is getting pretty crowded. I wonder if we still need the Featured Song. Would anyone mind terribly if I removed it to make room? It's one of the songs that's already in the Latest Songs jukebox anyway. And it's randomly chosen by the computer, so it's not like it's been chosen by a panel of judges or something. Seems kind of meaningless to me.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

These are great ideas all around from everyone and it sounds like 64 would have alot of work and time to put in it to actually get'er done so i can wait.

64 is the man!!

Except for his lotto pics.. 64's numbers             03  15 21 23 34 47     bonus 18

Winning numbers       10  20  24  32  37  47  bonus 49

Pretty close!....You got 1 right!!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Wow that didn't take long at all....

That's better for sure..and i think going back 3 days is enough in my opinion
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on October 07, 2010, 12:20:49 PM64 is the man!!

Except for his lotto pics.. 64's numbers             03  15 21 23 34 47     bonus 18

Winning numbers       10  20  24  32  37  47  bonus 49

Pretty close!....You got 1 right!!  ;D

Damn! I thought we were going to be rich.  :(

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on October 07, 2010, 12:25:27 PMi think going back 3 days is enough in my opinion

Yeah, I was wondering about the size too. A smaller list would mean that you'd get to hear some of the songs two or three times if you left it playing for a couple of hours. Three days would probably be better. With the current list, that would be 23 songs. Or maybe even two days, which would be 17 songs with the current list.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

I think replacing the featured song is an excellent idea. It is an OK feature, but This give the opportunity for multiple artists to be recognized in lieu of a single artist.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Just tested it and YES !!! This is a great feature !!!

Fab work 64G !!! Makes it easy to listen through more songs and commenting as they play (Note to self : remember to comment  !!! )

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

I've wanted a "Latest Songs" feature ever since the Pedro days. Thanks a zillion, 64!

I listen from work these days (I have a real job now) and can't always comment. (Uh, I guess I'm doing that right now.) But I certainly can get away with pressing play and listening with the window minimized.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tangled Wires

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

great idea 64, i have one concern tho, that we get so caught up in listening to the latest tunes we forget to post comments.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann