New Songcrafters.org feature - "On This Day"

Started by 64Guitars, October 04, 2010, 08:48:31 PM

Tony W

I wasn't sure what to think of this feature at first. It has become part of my daily routine. I can't say enough good about it. There are some past gems that have brought up great memories already, and I've had an opportunity to relive my first collab already.

Launched taking some disturbing vox from me, and adding it into a mix, Tharek laying out a beautiful acoustic track. Geir singing like a dark angel. Bluesberry laying some heavy guitar work out. Launched sent so many PM's that the forum software cut him off for a while.
The laughter, camaraderie, and pure joy.
Good times.

64 this was a brilliant idea that you brought to fruition. I applaud your vision, this was truly a remarkable improvement to the site. Thank you for such a wonderful gift.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like it.

I think I'll create a similar jukebox for the latest song posts, replacing the Latest Songs feature on the home page. The advantages will be:

• More songs. Instead of just the latest 5 songs, it could play the latest 20, or maybe everything from the last 7 days, for example.
  • All songs would automatically play one-after-the-other. With the current "Latest Songs" feature on the home page, you have to manually click the play button for each song to hear it.
  • Shuffle-play and repeat.
  • Volume control, time display, etc.
  • Download link.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Yes, Yes, Yes I like this idea very much.  I vote for last 7 days, unless that puts too many up, there is something nice about seeing the last weeks worth of songs.  Is this jsut for Original songs or combing original and covers and everything else.  I would like to see latest Originals and latest Covers as two separate jukebox's if I had a vote.

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 07, 2010, 10:02:43 AMThanks everyone. I'm glad you like it.

I think I'll create a similar jukebox for the latest song posts, replacing the Latest Songs feature on the home page. The advantages will be:

• More songs. Instead of just the latest 5 songs, it could play the latest 20, or maybe everything from the last 7 days, for example.
  • All songs would automatically play one-after-the-other. With the current "Latest Songs" feature on the home page, you have to manually click the play button for each song to hear it.
  • Shuffle-play and repeat.
  • Volume control, time display, etc.
  • Download link.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

I like the latest songs idea as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Great feature 64!

Your new ideas rule too!
I love the way you keep the site fresh and interesting without needless "filler".

I think the "latest song posts idea will help alleviate some of the concerns of people's music dissappearing so quickly.
Good work man!

We all owe you a beer someday  (than you can change your name to "64 Beers" ;D)
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 07, 2010, 10:11:01 AMIs this jsut for Original songs or combing original and covers and everything else.  I would like to see latest Originals and latest Covers as two separate jukebox's if I had a vote.

I think it will default to everything. But I might be able to add an option to select just originals or just covers. That will probably come a bit later though, as it's easier to get it working with everything first.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

I also like the "Latest Songs" idea. I was even going to suggest it, but I thought I might seem ungrateful for the "On This Day" feature. Great work, 64.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 07, 2010, 10:11:01 AMYes, Yes, Yes I like this idea very much.  I vote for last 7 days, unless that puts too many up, there is something nice about seeing the last weeks worth of songs.  Is this jsut for Original songs or combing original and covers and everything else.  I would like to see latest Originals and latest Covers as two separate jukebox's if I had a vote.

I'm all for the player, it's an outstanding feature. But I see several problems with separating out the boards. For starters, the purpose for the latest song feature is to introduce people to the most recent posts. As near as I can tell, there are no boards excluded in the list..... For me in particular, I actually get a shot at a comment on a backer without begging via PM for them. Others see an opportunity to join in on a recently posted collab.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Yes Tony you are right, I wasn't thinking there.  Yes, thanks for reminding me of what we are all here for, checking out each and every post up here, no-matter what style, what board posted to.   

Quote from: Tony W on October 07, 2010, 10:41:30 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on October 07, 2010, 10:11:01 AMYes, Yes, Yes I like this idea very much.  I vote for last 7 days, unless that puts too many up, there is something nice about seeing the last weeks worth of songs.  Is this jsut for Original songs or combing original and covers and everything else.  I would like to see latest Originals and latest Covers as two separate jukebox's if I had a vote.

I'm all for the player, it's an outstanding feature. But I see several problems with separating out the boards. For starters, the purpose for the latest song feature is to introduce people to the most recent posts. As near as I can tell, there are no boards excluded in the list..... For me in particular, I actually get a shot at a comment on a backer without begging via PM for them. Others see an opportunity to join in on a recently posted collab.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800