Does Love Need A Chorus?

Started by henwrench, October 04, 2010, 12:17:29 PM

lg

What?

No, this is Good Shit Dude!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I love the soaring chorus, thats the gold here.  Verses maybe need something else to hang onto.  Your bass is really good here.  It feels slightly unfinished though, Maybe some of that Cuthbert magic dust would finish this off.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Agree with Gringo ....

This is shit .....

Holy .. ... that is ...

where do you get this shit ? ::) .... just curious ! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

The manifestation of Gringo made me realize I hadn't commented on this one. I like the swing and groove of this one, but I can understand why you think it's not quite there yet. The guitars are a little dominant for me, and the rhythm sound is overpowering the vox and bass a bit. I really like the little guitar solo at the end, and the "tell me, does love need a chorus" bit. Great idea in the song construction as well. Lots of potential, if I were you I would come back and tweak it a bit when Gringo isn't listening.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

Another verse and chorus I can happily hum to.  Love the choppy guitar chords.  It's something I can do quite easily for a couple of bars - but through whole song no way.  It takes more concentration and skill than I can muster.  Great playing.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Saijinn Maas

I like this a lot! Got a lot of catching up to do. A lot seems to have gone on in my absence! A nice dose of Henny to get me started!

BTW... Nice Chorus!!!  :P

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gringo on October 06, 2010, 08:48:31 AMI knew this pig would be havings more trash here. Not very bad, but rubbish in your bits. Stop singing, you are shit.
Go Gringo go......hey, this sounds a little slower than the one posted at Alonetone, is this a different version, of did you speed it up for the other post?  Great flipping song man, I really like it, don't listen to Gringo.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

boneonbone

This song grabs you from the intro and keeps that grip on you throughout.  Love everything about it.....lyrics, production, mix, vox, most of all  the performance.  Great song.  If something comes out this good when you rush it, you could probably turn out an album in your sleep :)
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

henwrench

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 15, 2011, 04:14:36 PM......hey, this sounds a little slower than the one posted at Alonetone, is this a different version?

Yea, well, y'see a good buddy and I spend most Thursday nights playing all the henwrench shit 'live', he (Fungus) plays the bass and I play whatever I fancy, guitar, uke, melodica, glock etc., and we both do the vocals. And when we were doing this 'live', it always sounded a wee bit dirgy and a little jaded. So I wrung the original recording through Audacity and sped the stereo 2 track master up by 10%. The witchery works, I think, and the slightly speeded up version sounds a bit fresher and more 'alive'. The Beatles used this trick to great effect on a number of their songs.... listen to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds with headphones and you'll see what I mean....

hencraft
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR