Breathless Blues

Started by SteveG, October 15, 2008, 01:07:12 AM

SteveG

Well, Im back  ;D

LOADS of catching up to do ... daunting task!!

Thought I would chuck this one up as its the only bit of recording I have done for weeks. Got a blues harp off Ebay, messed around with it for an hour or so, then decided to make a backer to try it out over, then ended up making a silly little song, so don't take it too seriously, I was not trying very hard here!! Quite like it tho

Greeny

Heh heh. I love this. Great harmonica and groove. You didn't just learn the blues harp did you? Sounds like you've been playing it a long time.

And welcome back! :)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Cheers guys. I did mess with the harp a bit 15 odd years ago, but lost the damm thing before I got anywhere with it  :-[ This time round I have played it for a couple of hours tops .... pretty easy to pick up the basics, but I expect to hit a huge brick wall real soon  ;D

holdempok

The was really cool. Harp and all.
Why don't we do it on the road?

guitarron

classic steve
i love this-maybee some keys if ya like.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Prive

Cool man!!!! i'm new to the harp world still but i'm learning some cool blues stuff, my playing is a little weak so you'll have to wait to hear, i've recorded some harp to "Blown by Fay" and the only thing i like is the tone but my playing........ you know.

Saludos and keep playing!!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

SteveG

Quote from: guitarron on October 15, 2008, 07:14:06 PMclassic steve
i love this-maybee some keys if ya like.

Feel free mate!

madrab

That was really cool. Good song. It's got rythm.

Did you record the harmonica through the onboard mic? It would be nice to do with a mic with a tele-plug so you can use the guitar-effects. The harmonica player in my band uses a green bullet mic. I have been trying to record him with this, but everytime we finally get som time to play all I do is record the everyone at the same time using a small stereo-mic.

Prive

You can use the guitar effects with the on-board mic!!! great Chicago sound, not the same as Green Bullet or Astatic but you have the 90% done with the MBR.
I think crystal mics like Astatic or vintage Green Bullets must overload the MBR input in a bad way, these are very hot mics, newer Green Bullets are dynamic but not so good sounding as the vintage, as ever.

Marcelo.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR