"Going Home" (first time with the BR800)

Started by boneonbone, September 25, 2010, 09:34:40 PM

launched

A very powerful and beautiful song. What a great way to roll in!

I thought everything you did was well done - A great performance and production. If you are making tunes sound this good on your early run with the 800, your future looks very bright with that purchase. I have an MBR which I love, but every time I hear one of these songs I'm so tempted to get the "big" one!

Welcome, and keep posting!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Wow! This was your first one on the BR?

Classy - you've got the ears you need to be able take it further and create fabulous recordings.

Lovely song as well.

I didn't hear the original mix - did you do anything to change the drums? I'm quite liking the drums, I didn't feel they detracted too much. But I do hear what Steffen said... I'd rather have a real drummer, but at least a drum machine does what it's told :D (even if I don't know how to tell it the proper things to do!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

boneonbone

Hi Andy,
I actually programmed the (simple) drum track on the BR800.  It was painstakenly slow but I was just trying to learn how to use it.  I still haven't to date used the Sonar Cakewalk DAW that came with the BR800 to program drums, edit tracks etc.   I have toyed with the idea of using the BR800 as the control interface to the DAW and experimenting, but haven't found the time.  Besides, most of my songs are pretty simple and in the folk genre so doing everything on the BR800 itself just seems easier.   I envy those that can play multiple instruments and can find their way around the DAW.

Vance
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

SE

Missed this one first time round, really like the sound you,ve achieved, has a James Taylor feel especially on the guitars, excellent work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Glenn Mitchell

Sweet sounds Andy. Yes James Taylor or Neil Young come to mind.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Flash Harry

I get the James Taylor feel too.

Cool track and nicely played and recorded. Everything is  nicely positioned in the mix, all up front and present.

Nicely done.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Goodness, if this is your learning track, you don;t have a lot to learn! It sounds fantastic, lovely balance of acoustics and vox, the drums sound really good as well. Excellent mixing and production and a great song. You clearly know what you are doing and are a talented musician, this was a real pleasure to listen to.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR